Need Some Help With Fermented Feed Issues

Make sure the underweight gals are getting a chance to eat and not being bullied. Good luck. I put the feed in a jar, cover with water and 24 hours later i offer it. I dont do it all the time. I get in a tizzy over my hens. Sometimes I need to step back and just chill out. They will be fine! This attitude took over 2 years to adapt, but, now, sometimes we ferment, sometimes we dont. You got this! 🐓❤️
I read somewhere that moving the feeders around can prevent the bullies from being overly territorial. I hope that works anyway. When I throw them scratch or other treats, I spread it around to several feeding spots. I do notice, there are some bullies. Little stinkers.

I read somewhere that moving the feeders around can prevent the bullies from being overly territorial. I hope that works anyway. When I throw them scratch or other treats, I spread it around to several feeding spots. I do notice, there are some bullies. Little stinkers.
Yea, just the nature of a 'flock' I suppose. I have 7 hens and i put out at least 3 feeders for feeding time morning and evening. I had to remove a couple, lol. Some hens are more aggressive then others. I had a flock of 5 gals and one starting acting like a Rooster when I tried to introduce 2 new pullets to the flock. Never a dull moment! My best advice: Check your chooks. Best of luck always!

Back
Top Bottom