Need Special Home For One Legged Duck

Hi! Welcome to the Duck Forum!

There is also a free rehoming forum. If you have any photo's or feel like sharing a little of her background, that would be very nice.

Thank you for the response, will post photos tomorrow. Found this duck living in a box surrounded in filth. We were looking for a companion for our pekin and the guy said he would give her to me. You should have seen her the first time we put her in water, she was so happy!

What kind of mobility does she have at this point? I don't want to put you on the spot, I am proud of you for taking her in, and I understand sometimes we need to find other homes for animals, no judgment. I am trying to think along the lines of someone who might be able to take her. I would want to know what kind of accommodations I would be looking at.

Would she be a house duck?

I am also thinking of the growing number of people who get 3D-printed prosthetic legs for their ducks and geese.

Does she like people? Do you think she might adapt to becoming an ambassaduck for educational programs?

Last edited:
She seems to hop around quite well w one leg. She is still afraid of people till you catch her, she then settles and eats out of your hands. She is still very thin as idiot fed bread. The other duck we bought attacked her so she is kept apart. We live on small lake w too many turtles so she could never survive. Would be fine as house duck or in some sort of controlled enviorment.

Back
Top Bottom