Need to buy a coop online ASAP

I have a my coop on the "coop" Page. Its under san415's coop on the second page of the large coops and on the second line. The company I ordered mine from was Sunset barns. And I guess from what I stated in the coop page post was that the person's name who helped me was Butch.
I just googled sunset barns, and then if you go to the gallery you will find the coops on the second page of pictures. They are also in Pa. not Ohio as I thought. So the coop came farther then I remembered. But I think if I lived in Texas there would be closer places? But maybe not. At any rate I was very very happy with all aspects of purchasing and delivery of my coop.

Might I suggest looking up some local handymen looking for some work. I am sure they could build one to your needs, cheaper or close to it.
But make sure you get references.. If you don't have the time or knowledge to build your own I think one built to your needs is better then any store or online bought that you can get. Do the homework, And I think you would be happy with the end product

Just sayin.....

Maddawg,
Thats a great idea. Seems like finding someone and having it built would be just as easy as what I did, if not easier. When I ordered mine I had to have guys set up to be here to unload it and get it to the chicken yard.

Lucky for me I didn't have to rent any equipment, my brother in law has a rental company. Other wise I think it would have been even more expensive for me. But I do love my coop.

They are the worst of the worst company ever! I really trusted that they had new owners, etc, and the intro phone calls were great. The thing we got was broken in a few places (their packing was unbelievably poor), NO directions, and super flimsy. They also do not correctly list the number of birds they can fit (way too small). When I called with just a few questions about assembly after arrival, absolutely no response. None to emails either. Total rip-off.

Brahmas get big. If a prefab coop is advertised to fit 6 chickens, it will only house maybe 2 brahmas. For 6 you would need at least 24 square feet of floor space. If you add 10 more medium to large sized chickens, you would need a coop to have at least 64 square feet of floor space, not counting nest boxes and the run.

Back
Top Bottom