Need to re-home about 15 chickens and 4 roosters, Portland OR area

amandaryan98

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2018
IMG-2629.JPG IMG-2633.JPG IMG-2649.JPG IMG-2652.JPG IMG-2635.JPG IMG-2636.JPG
Hello -

My mom has about 15 chickens and 4 roosters that we need to re-home now that she is in hospice care. 4 of the chickens and 1 rooster are about 3 years old, the rest are pullets. If anyone is interested in some or all, or can point me in a good direction for re-homing in our area I would really appreciate it! The chickens are in Washougal, Washington.

Thanks,
Amanda

Attachments

• IMG-2634.JPG
    IMG-2634.JPG
    415.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-2637.JPG
    IMG-2637.JPG
    631.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'd try craigslist and Facebook. Possibly also your local feed store, if you have one; mine puts up ads for geese and horses and dogs all the time.

It might be helpful to use the breed names. In case you didn't know, you've got Sicilian Buttercups (the yellow, speckled ones with the bowl-shaped combs) buff-laced Polish, white-crested black Polish, Silver-laced Wyandotte hens, and Easter Eggers.

I'd try craigslist and Facebook. Possibly also your local feed store, if you have one; mine puts up ads for geese and horses and dogs all the time.

It might be helpful to use the breed names. In case you didn't know, you've got Sicilian Buttercups (the yellow, speckled ones with the bowl-shaped combs) buff-laced Polish, white-crested black Polish, Silver-laced Wyandotte hens, and Easter Eggers.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/oregon.48/page-991

I don't know if I managed to link the thread correctly, but here is our Oregon thread. My boyfriend *really* wants to add some crazy haired chickens to our flock, so I'll message you.

I'm in Oakridge -- a bit too long of a drive for chickens, but we'll see what we can do.

I hope your mom is doing ok. You're very sweet for helping out with her care, both for her, and her chickens. I'm sure this is a big concern for you, and her. (it would be for me). :love

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/oregon.48/page-991

I don't know if I managed to link the thread correctly, but here is our Oregon thread. My boyfriend *really* wants to add some crazy haired chickens to our flock, so I'll message you.

I'm in Oakridge -- a bit too long of a drive for chickens, but we'll see what we can do.

I hope your mom is doing ok. You're very sweet for helping out with her care, both for her, and her chickens. I'm sure this is a big concern for you, and her. (it would be for me). :love
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom