Need to rehome two male ducks

OnlyOneCannoli

Chirping
May 12, 2020
Central Texas
Earlier this spring my wife and my daughter wanted ducks. I didn’t. I was happy with the chickens. So we compromised and got ducks….yeah. Anyhow, we got four and 3 of the 4 turned out to be male. They’re older now and the three males will NOT let the female be! They’re constantly mounting her, so two have to go. Fully grown, healthy birds. Would love trading both of them for one female duck as well, breed not important, but something has to be done either way. They’re going to kill her with “love” if I don’t decrease they’re numbers. Located in central Texas not far from Temple/Waco. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9500.jpeg
    IMG_9500.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Good luck in rehoming them. Until they find new homes, I would separate the two most aggressive drakes from the hen.

Good luck in rehoming them. Until they find new homes, I would separate the two most aggressive drakes from the hen.
I would, but I don’t have anywhere else to keep them that is safe. We would consider culling them and putting them in the freezer, but we have zero experience with it. Just deer.

Back
Top Bottom