Need Urgent Help for Silkie Pullet.

Clifton sanders

Songster
5 Years
Dec 31, 2017
I'm hoping for some help. I have a 5 month old silkie hen that I found limp in the pen. Her 7 siblings were all fine. I brought Daphne into the house. She would not open her eyes or hold her head up. Completely flaccid. She was "normal" 5 hours earlier. That was Tuesday of last week. She survived the night. I took her to a vet who wasn't sure what was up. She weighed 1.6 lb and he stated she was underweight, gave me a 5 day dose of Baytril which she has now 5 days later taken in full. I have been feeding her by placing small pieces of soft food into her beak which she would swallow. She is eating more and more but is holding a lot of her food in her crop.It's just not emptying. So I've been massaging her crop to promote the movement. I'm feeding baby food and small watermelon pieces or wet bread pieces. I'm giving polyvisol and nutridench daily. She is unable to hold her head up but I'm not thinking its wry neck because of the sudden onset of turning completely limp with no other symptoms. She is showing daily signs of pooping. The vet fecal float test showed no cocci or worms. Any ideas or suggestions? Im trying to save this sweet little pullet and feel completely ignorant to help. Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom