Need urgent help with incubator temperature - Janoel 8-48-

Thanks again for your help. :)
I used an oral thermometre.
Actually, I'm in France so the instructions were in French - and not very clear.
Now the temperature is 36.5 so will leave it again a while. I get the tweaking idea . :)

In the middle of all this I'm training a peacock to come in and out of his pen. :)
- back off to see how ( and where ) he is . :)

Last edited:
Oui je parle francais mais les explications étaient compliquées.
So now everything's gone to pot - I've lost the peacock and it's comiing in night-time. Brilliant !

Thanks for the links- still having priblems with this temperature fixing.
Going back out to look for peacock.
:(

I'm still having problems. I still can't raise the temperature of my incubator. I've pushed the SET button and the + button. It is at 37.7 but in the incubator I've measured the temperature and it's at 36 inside. The CA button is at 0 and I don't know what to do now.
Can anyone help ?

I'm still having problems. I still can't raise the temperature of my incubator. I've pushed the SET button and the + button. It is at 37.7 but in the incubator I've measured the temperature and it's at 36 inside. The CA button is at 0 and I don't know what to do now.
Can anyone help ?
If you are sure that your thermometer on top of the eggs is accurate, set the CA to -1.7 and give it an hour or more. You should see the "heating" indicator on right away.

Last edited:
My screen always read the same thing no matter what the actual temperature was inside. It changed up and down when I opened the lid (nightmare there too) but always seemed to come back to what temp I'd said I wanted regardless of what my external thermometer said it was actually reading even though the amount it was out by Wasn't the same. Go figure :/

I adjust mine by relying 100% on my external hygrometer (because the humidity was wayyyyy out too) and adjusting the CA setting. There was no rhyme or reason to that either, something as simple as opening the lid to add water would cause a spike to 41c and suddenly till my next water addition it would require a totally different CA adjustment to keep it at the correct temperature. Sometimes it needed -6 sometimes +5 was crazy as nothing had changed except the slight temp drop when I opened the lid for that few seconds.

The good news is despite all those hiccups my eggs did hatch but I had to watch the dam thing like a hawk oh and I used 4-5 of those little panadol dose measuring cup lids full of water to maintain the humidity for longer and better than the channel it came with. Egg cups would also work as used one at lockdown but put some plastic wire in it so a chick couldn't drown in it.

Mine needed a good week running before even thinking of adding eggs to stabilise (as stable as it got anyway)

Last edited:
Oh wow appps !
Well it sounds a lot like my situation then.
I've done the CA stuff like Walnut said. The problem now is that it's reading 34.6 C on the dial and it's doing my head in !
If I don't get this sorted soon my name's going to be Mud !
The alarm is constantly going off and the alarm on the digital display hasn't moved for some time now. Plus, I daren't kerp checking the inside temperature because that means I have to open up the box and that will bring the temperature down !!!

Back
Top Bottom