Need urgent help with incubator temperature - Janoel 8-48-

There are several settings. You need to be concerned with setting the incubation temperature, which should be 38.0. Press SET, then + or - until the display reads 38.0.- Walnut

This is just impossible to do. When I press SET + nothing happens.

Ok, so we will work with what we have. If the SET +/- temperature is at 37.7 and the actual temperature is 32.8, then the calibration is off by 37.7-32.8 = 4.9.

Since the display reads higher than the actual, we need to use CA -4.9.

Can you give that a try? The heat should kick on and the difference between the two readings should decrease.

According to the Setting Range chart, the incubator is capable of being set as high as 39.5C. So your HS (High Set) must have been changed from the default since you can only get to 37.7. Can you raise your HS setting by 0.3?

One step at a time:

Based on the information you provided earlier, your display reads 1.7C higher than the thermometer you placed inside.  So to correct we need to CALIBRATE the built in display to read the actual temperature by setting -1.7 in the CA entry.  But to be safe, start at zero, and go in smaller steps to be sure that the gap between the display and the thermometer is getting smaller.

Since you just set the eggs there shouldn't be an issue.  But in the future, be absolutely sure your incubator is properly calibrated before you set eggs.  

One step at a time:

Based on the information you provided earlier, your display reads 1.7C higher than the thermometer you placed inside.  So to correct we need to CALIBRATE the built in display to read the actual temperature by setting -1.7 in the CA entry.  But to be safe, start at zero, and go in smaller steps to be sure that the gap between the display and the thermometer is getting smaller.

So now I put the CA at 0 and then at -4.9 starting again comparing inside and outside temperatures.

Managed to get the temperature settings up. First I changed the HS as you suggested Walnut. Then the SET + worked .
The temperature is at 32.8 on the display screen and I'm going to measure inside now.

If you see the thermometer go higher than the display, adjust the CA back to 0 then wait for it to stabilize. Don't make any more changes to HS, LS, or SET +/- for now. We need to get the two to match up.

I don't have your model of incubator, but I do have a couple of generic Chinese controllers that work in a similar fashion. Too high, too low, too high, too low, displays don't match...all can be resolved.. It's even more stressful with eggs in the incubator!

Back
Top Bottom