Need urgent help with incubator temperature - Janoel 8-48-

I really need to day that I had no idea itxould be do complicated.
I bought this incubator planning on using it in the spring. Then a friend gave me 4 duck eggs and said I need to put them in the incubator quickly or they would be lost.
So that's how I got into this situation .

If the temperature in the incubator is not now at or near 36-37C, then the incubator is probably not working correctly.

LS = the lowest acceptable setting temperature. Set to -10 for now.
HS = the highest acceptable setting temperature. Set to +10 for now.
The SET +/- will adjust within these ranges.

AL = low temp alarm. Set just below the LS, -2 would be a good number. Leave it below room temperature until you get it working right.
AH = high temp alarm. Set it just above the HS, +2 would be a good number.

CA has a range of -5 to +5. All it does is match the built in thermometer to a trusted thermometer. It does not "set" a temperature, it only sets the display. I've not had one that needed to be set beyond 1.7 for calibration, and usually much closer to 0.

Don't change HU or HD, those are factory set and I have no idea what the recommended settings would be.

Everything can be fine tuned later.

Last edited:
It was 32.7 because the CA adjustment brought the display figure down ( but more in line with the actual inside temperature).

Inside the temperature is now 33.9
Because I am opening the bater up to take the temperature I al not sure about changing the CA yet so I haven't done it again.

I have set HS to 20 because it won't go lower.
I've put LS to 38 ( +10 or -10 don't exist on these settings ).
AL is at 15 ( it won't go any higher)
AH is at 15 ( it won't go any higher)
These alarm settings don't seem right.

The outside digital display has been showing 29.6 for the last 15 minutes or so. Inside it's 32.8

I don't know what to do now. It's after midight and I'm up at 5.45 am:(

Put jumper back on the bater and the temperature is rising slowly. But I'm worn out !!

Back
Top Bottom