Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure thankfully Crazy Lady's mother made it through Christmas. I haven't heard otherwise from a neighbor and I haven't seen a large number of cars show up. Aaart, Crazy Lady's mother is actually a kind old woman who is legally blind. She was always nice to me. But she was a member of an extremely racist family. I didn't know this when I was first nice to Crazy Lady. I wondered why none of my other neighborhood friends wanted anything to do with her. I found out later that Crazy Lady's mother's family owned a farm in a neighboring town that was the site of KKK rallies in the 80's. But her mother and I just talked about horses.

After her husband died she and her mentally handicapped son were forced to move in with Crazy Lady. Her own house is only a couple of miles away but for whatever reason Crazy Lady would not let her move back in. The first year she hired an aide to take care of her mother in her own house but then fired the aide because she said that the aide clipped her Mother's fingernails so short they bled and stole her money. I never believed either claim. But she was so paranoid that when she went on vacation she begged my DH to go over every day and paint a small section of their deck and check up on the aide. He did and never saw a thing wrong.

Her father had left the house to Crazy Lady's brother in his will but only after his wife no longer needed to live there. So even though no one has lived in the house for over 7 years Crazy Lady refuses to let her brother have it. Her husband obtained Power of Attorney so Crazy Lady is the one in control and won't let anything go. The house sits and rots.

I think my van window got shot out because of a family inheritance squabble going on with the neighbors family (my neighbor is awesome: his bro and the bro's kids are the ones being outrageous). I suspect it was done by a friend of the niece who is illegally inhabiting the grandmother's home. My neighbor has cattle on some land and, coincidentally, their cows were being killed by gunshots around the same time. We both have big white vehicles, so I think his truck was the intended target. He was not home at the time.

People are crazy and when you throw in an inheritance, even brothers and sisters seem to go off the deep end.

But I am not at all surprised that your paranoid control freak neighbor is suspicious of everyone, and manipulating everything. You could never win by being nice because she would wonder how it was meant to manipulate her because she is a manipulator and paranoid and would expect that your mind works like hers. Then she would use that to manipulate even more of your life. For example, she suspects you are watching her because she has been watching you. She feels justified in watching you because thinks she needs to know what you are up to and sees intentional malice (irrationally) in mundane activities. She suspects your actions are from spite because hers are. Just imagine living inside that twisted mind for a moment...then take your hubby and go dance in the pasture in the moonlight and be happy!

Well, that was mean. Tonight I had just let my dogs out and started down to the barn. Puppy Mimi heard someone on the other side of our fence slamming the lid of Crazy Lady's trash bin, so she barked. I called her, but she got crazy because the person on the other side of the fence began slamming the trash can lids over and over again. I just kept whistling for Mimi. Voices make her very excited and she was already running and barking like a nut, whistling is better to call her in that frame of mind. Then the person began whistling at her! A loud obnoxious whistle, several times. I think it was Crazy Lady's husband. He is the one who takes out the trash. I kept my older dogs with me and continued whistling my whistle to her. Finally Mimi ran to me, scared out of her puppy mind. She is like many golden females, protective of her yard. Except she is a puppy so she is scared too! I don't appreciate my puppy being scared on purpose. But as DH just told me slamming trash cans is all they can do to us now!

I will never ever understand neighbors like the one you have. We have a couple of houses out here that are full of inconsiderate neighbors but nothing like yours. You lady are a saint to deal with this as long as you have in the manner in which you've done so.

RichnSteph

I am pretty sure thankfully Crazy Lady's mother made it through Christmas. I haven't heard otherwise from a neighbor and I haven't seen a large number of cars show up. Aaart, Crazy Lady's mother is actually a kind old woman who is legally blind. She was always nice to me. But she was a member of an extremely racist family. I didn't know this when I was first nice to Crazy Lady. I wondered why none of my other neighborhood friends wanted anything to do with her. I found out later that Crazy Lady's mother's family owned a farm in a neighboring town that was the site of KKK rallies in the 80's. But her mother and I just talked about horses.

After her husband died she and her mentally handicapped son were forced to move in with Crazy Lady. Her own house is only a couple of miles away but for whatever reason Crazy Lady would not let her move back in. The first year she hired an aide to take care of her mother in her own house but then fired the aide because she said that the aide clipped her Mother's fingernails so short they bled and stole her money. I never believed either claim. But she was so paranoid that when she went on vacation she begged my DH to go over every day and paint a small section of their deck and check up on the aide. He did and never saw a thing wrong.

Her father had left the house to Crazy Lady's brother in his will but only after his wife no longer needed to live there. So even though no one has lived in the house for over 7 years Crazy Lady refuses to let her brother have it. Her husband obtained Power of Attorney so Crazy Lady is the one in control and won't let anything go. The house sits and rots.
Oh, so the disabled male is CL's brother, thought it was her son.
How disabled is he, must not be able to live on his own?
Sad situation....makes me feel filled with comparative gratitude from many angles.
Hang in there TSG!

I made a few somewhat unappreciated comments about this Crazy Lady/TheSitcomGirls Saga last summer.....Last week a friend of mine who is a city councilman, totally out of the blue, during a discussion about changing the poultry ordinance in my town/city mentioned this thread...Apparently he had been researching the problems with keeping poultry in areas where neighbors lived close enough to object to crowing roosters and hens cackling.....His wife, a high school English teacher, suggested that since TheSitComGirls is a writer, the whole thread is a novella by installment using real time play acting and strangers' emotional involvement to keep the story moving along......My friend also said that TheSitComgirls' use of that handle is a certain clue to what is really going on....Mentioned that if this were an actual dispute that exists in real time, surely one of the parties would have tried to resolve it by now through civil legal action? A few people have suggested that avenue, but TheSitComGirls ALWAYS IGNORES THAT SUGGESTION and immediately goes down another rabbit hole: For example, fully knowing that one rooster, Spock, drives her neighbor crazy she also has rooster two, Warren Harding, to aggravate the situation further.... Cars crashing into garbage cans, loud slamming lids and whistling to scare the puppy, ambulances taking the CrazyLady's mom to the hospital, stories of past KKK rallies.....All this going on since last spring!...Everyone involved in this including the dogs, goats, and chickens must be having fits by now; especially the cops and local government officials.....But I forget; it's only a story!....Keep it coming

Unsubscribing, story or not, moving on to other things...

Ive thought the same thing. If the whole story isn't made up then embellishments are a real possibility. The amount of lunacy from the neighbors sounds extreme enough for legal recourse. I also noticed a bunch of people suggesting videotaping Crazy Lady's antics so proof is gathered. But never saw the OP mention doing this. When I first came across is I was wondering why the homes would be so close together if there's 20+ acres of land. One reason to have such a large property is so you can avoid neighbor issues. I drive by several properties daily that have any combination of cattle, horses, mules, and goats. Safe to say there's a coop or two on the same route as well. They're not living on 2 dozen acres but they're still spread out enough to not cause issues though. In either case, it was an interesting read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom