Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh... almost called the police. They took a boom box (still there now) and placed it on the property line next to my chickens facing them and cranked it up. It has been that way since noon. They did get a permit for the fence. Why not just put it up already? I work at home and it is so loud now that it is interfering with my job. I can hear the actual words to the songs in the house. I called my DH... he going to come home and take care of the animals with me. These people are crazy. June 5th....June 5th. And now I feel a little better... Spock is crowing up a storm. It doesn't matter how loud they crank up the music. Spock is louder. :) Spock will always be louder.

Sigh... almost called the police. They took a boom box (still there now) and placed it on the property line next to my chickens facing them and cranked it up. It has been that way since noon. They did get a permit for the fence. Why not just put it up already? I work at home and it is so loud now that it is interfering with my job. I can hear the actual words to the songs in the house. I called my DH... he going to come home and take care of the animals with me. These people are crazy. June 5th....June 5th. And now I feel a little better... Spock is crowing up a storm. It doesn't matter how loud they crank up the music. Spock is louder. :) Spock will always be louder.
GO SPOCK!
woot.gif
D.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Don't want to report a noise complaint? That's downright abusive.

I've fallen behind the status of this problem, what's June 5th?

If you aren't filing police reports, I sure hope that you are getting videos of this sort of stuff happening. Complaining to people online might later help you remember what happened when, but it will not help to prove anything.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would go ahead and call the police to file a complaint. It's excessive noise, and with the boom box where it is and everything, it would be clear to them that this is being done TO you, not in spite of you--I mean, the music is obviously not something they're listening to while washing a car, or something, it's aimed at wearing down you and your poor chickens.

I'd go out and start singing and dancing along. And have your husband join you when he gets home. And maybe invite some friends over and all just stay out there dancing to the music. You know the noise is bugging her too (if she is complaining about your rooster crowing) and if she sees she has failed to bother you she won't try this particular annoyance again.

Last edited:
If you aren't filing police reports, I sure hope that you are getting videos of this sort of stuff happening. Complaining to people online might later help you remember what happened when, but it will not help to prove anything.

Yeah, I would go ahead and call the police to file a complaint. It's excessive noise, and with the boom box where it is and everything, it would be clear to them that this is being done TO you, not in spite of you--I mean, the music is obviously not something they're listening to while washing a car, or something, it's aimed at wearing down you and your poor chickens.

Call the police. This is harassment and abuse. Call the police, they don't even have to come to talk to you (so your neighbor doesn't see the cops at your house and associate it with their visit as well.)
Every incident should be documented...even if you decide never to do anything legal about the harassment.

Thank you for all the encouraging words! :) Spock is the best. June 5th is the date of the Zoning Commission meeting where we apply for our 8 foot fence zoning exception... and where all the things she has done to us become public record as part of our application!

DH called the police as soon as he got home when he saw how upset I was. A nice state trooper came and the music was still cranking. He was sympathetic and after he talked to DH he said he was going over to issue them a written warning for disturbing the peace. He said that it would be on file at the State Troopers office. We will pick up a copy for the Zoning commission meeting. He also said that the next time he comes out (if) he will give them a citation for disturbing the peace. After he left... they turned up the music again for like 10 minutes. I made a note of it in my "music log". But I am not playing that game. I imagine that what they will do is play games with the music now.... but the trooper gave me his direct line and told me to leave him a voice mail if they played it again. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I don't know what is going to happen now. But I do know that tonight... it will be quiet.... except for Spock! (I hope).

Oh... and the neighbor from across the street who complained to me about crazy lady's noise (told me she loved my rooster) drove by after the trooper left and waved at me so enthusiastically I thought she was going to crash her car. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom