Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
caf.gif

Just sat down. We were not denied... nor were we approved. On June 12th the board will do a "site" walk of our property because of safety concerns raised by crazy lady. This will never end! Then we have to attend another board meeting on the third Thursday of July. I do feel though that DH and I made my dad proud. And I have to say that because of all this stuff I didn't have a chance to be sad today... the anniversary of his death. I miss you dad..you told me Spock would cause a problem!

My DH spoke first and read the letter he wrote.... every itty, little, bitty detail of everything she had done to us. Then a member of the board asked him why we couldn't put our chickens "further back" on our property away from our house. DH said because we would have to build a new coop plus the land around the coop is poor.... and chicken pasture is all we can use it for. Why would they ask us that? NOTHING to do with our application.....I didn't like that.

And then crazy lady spoke. I was correct... she started off by saying that she had read our fence application on Monday and she was appalled by "the slander". I knew there was a reason why the music stopped two days ago! She had come to the meeting to respond to all the "lies". She then spoke for 10 minutes about how good her dog is and how he is "clicker" trained. That she only walked him up and down the property line because her trainer told her to and that my chickens actually LIKED it. She also told the board that my chickens brought bugs and that she had been getting Chemo on and off for 8 years and she couldn't have any bugs in her yard. That she had gotten a permit for her fence on April 15th but that it took her this long to put it up because her nephew had died. That we couldn't put an 8 foot fence 20 feet from the road because then her mentally handicapped brother wouldn't be able to take the trash out anymore because he couldn't see the cars in the road. She also said that if we closed off our property then all the predators and deer would be funneled into her yard. She also said (or should I say read from a letter) that she had never tried to get into my chicken pen....I could go on and on... like she did for a half an hour. It was all about her...

Then they asked if anyone else wanted to speak and I said, "I do." I told the board that I was NOT a liar, that she had tried to get into my chicken pen- I had seen her. Then I asked the board why would we be here getting ready to spend a large amount of money to keep her away if we did not feel our animals were threatened? I said that she had been harassing me for a very long time. The moment she put her hand on my chicken pen door I was done and we applied for this permit to get a higher fence. Then the board said they needed to do a "site walk" before they could vote because of crazy lady's "safety" concerns. So they keep the meeting "open". Get this! The site walk is open to the public. That means that Crazy lady will get to walk on my property too. I will stay in the house. The only thing good thing that came of tonight is that she will have to worry about it for another month. AND her behavior is now part of the public record!!!

WOW I am way to much of a private person to let anyone walk on my property especially that crazy b**** but hopefully this will resolve it....i can't believe how far this is being drug out tho :/ stay strong your almost to the end btw did anyone else comment/speak on it besides your hubby you and crazy lady?

Last edited:
This is why video would have helped. If you could have shown her to be a liar it could have helped.

Um, hellooooo? They are only approving or disproving of your 8 foot fence. You can put a 6 foot fence there with no questions asked, is her handicapped brother going to hop your 6 foot fence to take out the trash? It's your property, if they are not welcome on your land/In your home, they have no right to be there. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
Hook up a trail camera and make sure she sees you fiddling with it regularly. We had trouble with neighbor kids opening runs at night and the cameras seem to have deterred it.

Even tho I'm a crazy teen(I can be nice if you're nice to me:)) I'd never do that to my neighbor.

I have a flock of ±40 chickens in my back(grave)yard. I used to have dozens of adult roosters(who crows all day long) but now I only have 4 adult roosters. 3 of my roosters(rocky,zeus & achilles) crows every day & night. Achilles even crows at 2/3am when others are sleeping.

My neighbor never have a prob with the chicken things.
Btw I surrounded my back(grave)yard with a ±3meter tall solid(brick & cement) wall. Ontop of it broken glasses and barbed wire planted as a protection so bad people can't trespass. My back(grave)yard used to have short bamboo fences(even a goat can trespass). Now it's like a fortress.

Eh,..

My mom said if someone bothered you, let them do it, they will get tired because you ignored them. But I prefer to make them feel backfired by their own weapon, I'd make someone suffer for just blaming me over 2 small things(1 thing is still forgiven, unless they do it on purpose).

Btw,..
I wish this neighbor problem will stop soon! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom