Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Smiley Face
yippiechickie.gif

(or chicken dancing.......that works too)

:) You guys are funny... that bunny is a little creepy! Nope... nobody else spoke at the meeting. However, I did have an interesting visit from a neighbor across the street today. She told me that crazy lady had visited her before the meeting and complained that my chickens were drawing flies. There do seem to be a lot of flies this year... but nothing to do with my chickens! There are many people with horses/livestock/chickens on my road.

My neighbor refused to get involved in the fly discussion with crazy lady. And she told me I had the cleanest coop she had ever seen. In the summer we spread all our manure in our far back pasture and I clean the coop out every other week. I love chickens, but not chicken smell! I thanked my neighbor with 2 dozen eggs and told her I would never ask her to take sides... but that I was grateful to her for letting me know. I told DH that on the site walk if anyone expressed interest (as long as they didn't have their own poultry at home) they are welcome to come into our coop and have a look. It's a stone building... plenty of room! Maybe I will offer some eggs for sale as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read all this and those are some awesome ideas! Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

I hope whoever moves in next door will be okay with chickens... they will have them on both sides of them!

:) You guys are funny... that bunny is a little creepy! Nope... nobody else spoke at the meeting. However, I did have an interesting visit from a neighbor across the street today. She told me that crazy lady had visited her before the meeting and complained that my chickens were drawing flies. There do seem to be a lot of flies this year... but nothing to do with my chickens! There are many people with horses/livestock/chickens on my road.

My neighbor refused to get involved in the fly discussion with crazy lady. And she told me I had the cleanest coop she had ever seen. In the summer we spread all our manure in our far back pasture and I clean the coop out every other week. I love chickens, but not chicken smell! I thanked my neighbor with 2 dozen eggs and told her I would never ask her to take sides... but that I was grateful to her for letting me know. I told DH that on the site walk if anyone expressed interest (as long as they didn't have their own poultry at home) they are welcome to come into our coop and have a look. It's a stone building... plenty of room! Maybe I will offer some eggs for sale as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't want to seem like you are trying to bribe anyone lol. Or that you are always thinking about how to make a profit. Appearance is everything in this situation! Even if that's really not your intention at all!

My neighbor refused to get involved in the fly discussion with crazy lady. And she told me I had the cleanest coop she had ever seen. In the summer we spread all our manure in our far back pasture and I clean the coop out every other week. I love chickens, but not chicken smell! I thanked my neighbor with 2 dozen eggs and told her I would never ask her to take sides... but that I was grateful to her for letting me know. I told DH that on the site walk if anyone expressed interest (as long as they didn't have their own poultry at home) they are welcome to come into our coop and have a look. It's a stone building... plenty of room! Maybe I will offer some eggs for sale as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That neighbor is nice! I bet she knows that the crazy lady is talkin' male cow poop (you know what I'm sayin') lol :lau

Site walk complete! I stayed in the house...DH went outside. And crazy lady and her husband did go on our property in between our chicken fence and the new fence crazy lady put up. And they brought her mentally handicapped brother with them for the zoning board members to see. When her daughter graduated from high school she left him at home. I called her on that... he is her daughter's uncle. Why would you exclude him, I asked her. She said it was because her daughter would be embarrassed by him... not true... she would have been the embarrassed one. She never takes him anywhere. But I guess when she thought she could use his handicap to try to get something she wanted.... that's what she did. It's very sad.

DH heard the zoning officers say that between the row of bushes and stone wall we have on our side which are about 15 feet from the road and the GIANT forsythia bush crazy lady has on the side of her driveway... you can't see the road from 30 feet away right now. DH also said that our chickens could not have been more perfectly behaved! One of the zoning board members brought her little kids. They jumped up and down wanting to see the rooster... where's the rooster.... where is the rooster!!! Spock did not crow... but he did put on a show for all... so to speak, with one of his lady friends. Even that did not get a laugh. No one seemed happy to be there. The board stayed for all of 15 minutes and DH felt it was all a show. So either their minds are already made up for, or against us... we don't know for sure. So now we wait.... July 3rd....that is when the board will decide if we get our 8' fence. Meanwhile my goat house is almost finished!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom