Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must add that as a former member of our town's Planning and Zoning Commission and a current member of the Town Council, I am appalled at the treatment you are getting from your local officials. If we have situations where time is important, we'll set up special meetings to expedite things fairly just so people don't have to hang on for weeks for decisions. And we would have scheduled a visit to see your property without having the other party there so that you felt more free to show us exactly what you were concerned about without a hostile audience, followed by a visit to her property in the same vein. I don't understand, but I hope you don't get a bitter taste in your mouth about all elected officials.....we aren't all that callous.

Am I the only one who finds it EXTREMELY unprofessional that a board member would bring their children? This isn't a petting farm....its not a game, its your home. Did they walk over to her side so she could show them the "bugs" that your chickens are "responsible' for? Or did they only inspect your side of the property line?

I thought it strange that the public was invited to the 'inspection' ....and that one of the board members brought their kids.

But it is what it is.....and you'll just have to roll with it and do the best you can.

Was glad to hear you stayed inside, probably best not to have to react to a certain member of the 'public'.

I don't think it was professional for them to bring their kids BUT I do think it helps her situation. Emotions of the parents watching the kids enjoy the chickens may sway decisions. I do feel it would have been appropriate to request her permission prior to and "Open to the Public" is not appropriate in this situation.

You know...I didn't think about it...but yes it was unprofessional wasn't it? I guess so many people bring their kids to see our chickens it just didn't occur to me! Hmmmm...grounds for appeal? I will mention it to DH...didn't occur to him either!

Given that your neighbor used the 'disabled son' card, I interpret the inspection as the board doing their due diligence before ruling. I would be surprised if they deny your request.

Although... My board would deny it just because of the disabled son. They never let common sense prevail over potential bad publicity. Hopefully your board is not that asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom