Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never have the patience or tolerance you've shown. But I WOULD use the law in my favor.
1) call and complain every single time the music blares. I would record it and timestamp it and yes, I would file a formal complaint
2) I would call and complain about the lights, if there is indeed an ordinance regarding this. Yup.. I'd file a formal complaint
3) I would talk to an attorney about the best way to approach this legally as per your zoning issues
4) I would contact the local newspaper to see if they may be interested in pursuing a story about the behavior of the council-you do NOT have a public walk through and you do NOT bring children!

There's no way in heck I'd take this laying down. And I sure wouldn't put up with the noise and lights. From day 2 of that I would be filing complaints. I hope this all works out for you. So hard to believe you're in the country on 26 acres and have to put up with Mr & Mrs Mean-tempered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a neighbour like that, it was new years and the day before he told us he was having fire works, we have horses and were going away, he also said if their were any problems to come and talk to him. My dad ended up going over to politely suggest that he give more warning next time, he was very rude and ended up asking us why we even had animals as apparently they're a waste of time. He has had many loud parties going until 2 in the morning and despite requests to keep the sound down nothing happened.
Maybe try putting a lock on the enclosure so only you can get in, my chickens cluck really loudly if anyone goes in their and my rooms right next to them so I can always hear whats going on. A cameras a good idea as well, then if anything happens you have proof and can take it to the police.

Love the idea of the chicken suit! Take that Mrs. Crazypants! I think every morning around the time Spock crows you should go out there and crow right along side him, as loudly as you can. And if you do have to re home him, keep going out and crowing every morning at the same time he would. They can't fight that! It's not a rooster, it's a human, can't force anyone to get rid of a human!
Any new crazy stories? Any news on your endeavors? I really do hope you can eventually find some peace and sanity in your life again.

Also next time she comes out to yell at you about anything just crow as loudly as you can without listening to her or letting her get a word in and just keep crowing, go about your business as you would but keep crowing until she goes back in the house. Tell your husband to do the same. There is no working with this beast of a woman and you shouldn't listen to one more word coming out of her. Just crow so loudly every single time she comes out to squawk at you! And when she cranks her music up, crank up your loop of Spock crowing and crow loudly right along with it all. I can't stop thinking about this absurd woman, I am sorry you have to live next to her.

You could start a thread about the words to describe this person. Such as: nasty, horrible, deranged, absurd, mental, nuts, whack-a-doo, crazy, looney, disgusting . . . . So many more words

You could start a thread about the words to describe this person. Such as: nasty, horrible, deranged, absurd, mental, nuts, whack-a-doo, crazy, looney, disgusting . . . . So many more words

Psychotic and mean!

Also next time she comes out to yell at you about anything just crow as loudly as you can without listening to her or letting her get a word in and just keep crowing, go about your business as you would but keep crowing until she goes back in the house. Tell your husband to do the same. There is no working with this beast of a woman and you shouldn't listen to one more word coming out of her. Just crow so loudly every single time she comes out to squawk at you! And when she cranks her music up, crank up your loop of Spock crowing and crow loudly right along with it all. I can't stop thinking about this absurd woman, I am sorry you have to live next to her.

This is perfect, not as complicated as the chicken suit, no planning ahead, just do it when she approaches you. You should never try to explain yourself to her, she doesn't care. Look out for yourself from now on, don't take any of her feelings into account, she certainly hasn't done that. You and your DH need to watch out for yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom