Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I walked outside to feed the chickens today the loud booming of bass could be heard coming from the inside of Crazy Lady's house. It was so loud it rattled HER windows. She has done this before but never this loud. When I got closer to my chicken pen I could see her through the gaps in the fence pacing back and forth on the other side mumbling to herself. As I got closer she got louder. I don't know if she was speaking for my benefit but I heard her say, "What do you think I'm going to do when he gets hit by a car? " Then I did make ALOT of noise and she shut up but continued her pacing. DH put up the stake for how close our fence would be to the road a week ago. It is 45 feet from the road, exactly where the town said it should be.

Yesterday, the good neighbors across the street came over and told us that there was a potentially rabid skunk behind their house and not to be alarmed if we heard a gunshot. They told crazy lady too. Then the neighbor's kid came back and told us that crazy lady claimed there was a coyote hanging out by her new fence. Apparently because we closed off the area behind her fence coyotes can no longer go around her fence and then jump over our welded wire fence and go back onto our property were I guess the coyotes belong. Whhhhhaaaaaatttttt????? Coyotes are all over the place around here... she has no idea. I have a feeling that she probably went down to the zoning office today and discovered that we had a permit for a 6 foot fence. Plus she was probably wondering why we still had Spock when she complained at the meeting. So far no one from the town has bothered us... let's hope it continues!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine being this woman?

We had a similar situation once...we moved...even though we had three acres.
It was for the best.

Your neighbor sounds miserable and consumed with anger...the fence sounds like a great idea...follow your husband's lead...I have to do that quite often...husbands know how to be chill.

It was for the best.

Your neighbor sounds miserable and consumed with anger...the fence sounds like a great idea...follow your husband's lead...I have to do that quite often...husbands know how to be chill.
I was thinking this also...not to detract from the misery of having her as a neighbor...but geezz, makes me grateful not to be the 'crazy lady' or live her life.

As I walked outside to feed the chickens today the loud booming of bass could be heard coming from the inside of Crazy Lady's house. It was so loud it rattled HER windows. She has done this before but never this loud. When I got closer to my chicken pen I could see her through the gaps in the fence pacing back and forth on the other side mumbling to herself. As I got closer she got louder. I don't know if she was speaking for my benefit but I heard her say, "What do you think I'm going to do when he gets hit by a car? " Then I did make ALOT of noise and she shut up but continued her pacing. DH put up the stake for how close our fence would be to the road a week ago. It is 45 feet from the road, exactly where the town said it should be.

Yesterday, the good neighbors across the street came over and told us that there was a potentially rabid skunk behind their house and not to be alarmed if we heard a gunshot. They told crazy lady too. Then the neighbor's kid came back and told us that crazy lady claimed there was a coyote hanging out by her new fence. Apparently because we closed off the area behind her fence coyotes can no longer go around her fence and then jump over our welded wire fence and go back onto our property were I guess the coyotes belong. Whhhhhaaaaaatttttt????? Coyotes are all over the place around here... she has no idea. I have a feeling that she probably went down to the zoning office today and discovered that we had a permit for a 6 foot fence. Plus she was probably wondering why we still had Spock when she complained at the meeting. So far no one from the town has bothered us... let's hope it continues!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy...I bet it will be such a relief when you have that 6-ft fence up! You will have to include some pictures for us!

It was for the best.

I was thinking this also...not to detract from the misery of having her as a neighbor...but geezz, makes me grateful not to be the 'crazy lady' or live her life.
yes, it's always best to pray that God eases the burdens of our enemies. If they had fewer struggles, perhaps they would not act in such a way.

It was hard for me.... but I did try to have some sympathy for the crazy lady. But at the point she showed intent to harm my chickens... then I couldn't find it within myself to feel sorry for her anymore.

On a silly note.... yesterday they moved the stake my DH put in to mark the start of our fence further away from the road. So I moved it back... but I'm not going to play that game. If she does it again I'm just going to pull it out. Let her wonder where our fence will start. Sigh. Still no Spock complaints from the town to us!

It was hard for me.... but I did try to have some sympathy for the crazy lady. But at the point she showed intent to harm my chickens... then I couldn't find it within myself to feel sorry for her anymore.

On a silly note.... yesterday they moved the stake my DH put in to mark the start of our fence further away from the road. So I moved it back... but I'm not going to play that game. If she does it again I'm just going to pull it out. Let her wonder where our fence will start. Sigh. Still no Spock complaints from the town to us!
I would put the game cam out on the stake and have the police charge her with trespassing. You have signs up right.

If she does it again I'm just going to pull it out. Let her wonder where our fence will start. Sigh. Still no Spock complaints from the town to us!

If she does it again, go and put a half dozen stakes out there, really make her wonder :)

Honestly though I think a surveillance camera might be in your best interest... I would almost bet money that she will vandalize the fence either while you are putting it up or shortly after...

I agree with Subhanalah. She needs to keep her hands off your stuff! Chickens, fence or a stake in the dirt. If it's on your property, she should not be touching it AT ALL. If you have evidence that it's her doing it, collect it and call the police. She'll keep you jumping through hoops unless you call her on it every single time. The game cam will let you know what she's up to. Some people will never learn, but they can be taught that they need to respect your property because you will defend it and it's just not worth the trouble.
However, since she is obviously "not right" in the head, that is like rationalizing with an irrational person. Perhaps letting her wonder is best. That's probably more of a punishment than anything else because she doesn't know what her next move will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom