Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose bushes are just placed, not planted! We just want her to stay away!!!!!!! By blocking off that end with thorny brush like DH did she has no access to our chickens.... and it is my hope that will keep them as safe as possible.

You guys just had a survey done in regards to this whole issue didn't you?
And the newly established lines will dictate where your new fence goes?

Tho I gotta agree that dumping the rose trash there is rather antagonistic and not a move in your best interest........very hard not to react tho ,not sure I could do it.

Maybe I've missed it, but can you explain the layout? If there is a fence between your properties what is she squeezing between to get on your property?

Rose bushes are just placed, not planted! We just want her to stay away!!!!!!! By blocking off that end with thorny brush like DH did she has no access to our chickens.... and it is my hope that will keep them as safe as possible.

Maybe I am missing something. But it seems to me, that if you fear for your animals safetly, and I would as well in a situation like this, why not put up a fence as soon as possible? If she tears down your fence, jumps over, or any other nonsense, call the cops, have her arrested, and take her to court. And of coarse take pictures and video to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that it was her!

Didn't you have the trail cam up? Why haven't you called the police when she continually trespasses on your property. She is clearly not welcome and she has vandalized your property. They should come and arrest her. Especially since you have evidence.

If you read back a half dozen posts or so you'll see that she removed the flash card overnight and missed recording the sign placement.

Rose bushes are just placed, not planted! We just want her to stay away!!!!!!! By blocking off that end with thorny brush like DH did she has no access to our chickens.... and it is my hope that will keep them as safe as possible.

As I said it would be nice to see the applicable boundary fence law in your area... In many areas trespass around a boundary fence is dictated by 'occupancy' not the actual property line in most areas... Meaning that if her fence is 3 or 4" into her property 'you' occupy that 3-4" and you are absolved of trespass both criminal and civil for using that land as you see fit... If there is such a law in your area and she continues to destroy your 'occupied' property on your side of the fence (even though it's technically her property) she might very well be the one trespassing, giving you a reason to call the po-po for destruction of property...

When one constructs a boundary fence they give up some exclusive rights to their property in many instances depending on local and state law... For example in many of the localities around me they have instituted a 3 or even 4 foot 'easement' when you put up a boundary fence, meaning there is no trespass violation for a neighbor when walking a fence line if you are doing say maintenance like lawn care or even painting your side of the fence even if that fence is a full 3 or 4 feet into the neighbors property, basically another version of the occupancy laws in some states...

It's best to review all local laws that apply in boundary fence disputes as they vary all over the place...

I've read a portion of the comments and honestly if it has escalated to this stage there really is no solution that will resolve this entirely. I'd make sure I had a survey and I would use that line to put up a fence at least an inch or two inside my property line and forget about the inch or two that is on the other side. A privacy fence you can still peep through the cracks when the wood dries and anyone could step on the supporting wood to look over. Metal roofing is relatively cheap and easy to install. I'd go to my nearest metal roofing supply and have 8 foot sections cut in an attractive color and put the colored side toward my property and the raw side toward hers. There is no way short of a step ladder she could see in and you certainly couldn't climb the stuff. If she has three inches on the other side of her fence and you have a couple inches on the other side of yours, it would take the thin man to be able to get between those two fences so it should be neutral territory from now on. The metal roofing is cheap enough to make it practical for fencing and is attractive. I have seen several companies that use it for security around their storage lots. We had pieces cut to the size of our windows at the beach and have made hurricane shutters out of them. They look nice enough that when we have a hurricane warning and screw them over the windows sometimes we will leave them for several weeks if there is more than one warning predicted to come our way. We chose a color that matches our home and because the material is attractive several of our neighbors have followed suit. It would make a nice looking privacy fence and there are a variety of colors - from bright to natural subdued colors. She certainly couldn't tack anything to it and it would provide complete privacy. It should also help with the noise factor. You really have a no win situation here. We have a crazy neighbor as well. It would take me a book to write about what all he has done, but suffice to say we have a double privacy fence between us . We live on family property and have been here for nearly 60 years and he moved in several years ago. All I will say as to his mind set is the FBI came to our house asking questions about him - so when I say he is not stable, he is not stable. Hence we do our best to ignore him and what he does on his side of the fences is his problem.

Last edited:
You need two flash cards. That way, when you take one out, you can replace it immediately with another one. She may ber crazy, but she's smart enough to figure out when the card isn't in the camera if she's watching you. Surprise her by putting your extra card in the camera when she thinks you are downloading the other one. We had some folks trespassing on our property to fish. They didn't know about the game camera, but we did and we had a card in it at all times. We caught them fishing one day (unscheduled visit home from work) and the fact that we had the video evidence has kept them away. Our neighbor is in his 80's and retired and lets us know if we have "company" when we are not home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom