Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks more to me like the wooden fence is double thick--the long part's finished while the short bit is the second side, and just not done yet? Maybe overlapping the boards so that, as the wood shrinks, there's nowhere to peek through?

:) Spock as a service animal... that's awesome!!!! He really has helped me so much. I will never forget my dad's laugh in the hospital after I played baby Spock's ridiculous crow. And then after I told him I was keeping Spock and he said, "Well now that's going to cause a problem." Dad's are so smart. I miss him every day. Spock is a strong connection that I feel like I still have with my dad... I just can't let Spock go. He's a kind, gentle guy that unfortunately has a big voice.

I don't really know how old Crazy Lady is... late 50's maybe? I should have explained the pictures better. The short part of the fence is our new part....2 panels, 12 feet went up today. The long crooked part with uneven posts is their fence. I was standing in my chicken pasture behind their wire fence taking the pictures. I didn't want to leave as Crazy Lady's husband was chain sawing down bushes in their front yard. I could see the branches falling. I think he was trying to move the "obstructions" that are closer to the road than our fence!

There will only be about a foot in between the fences for about twenty or so panels. I plan to just get a ladder and spray some roundup in there if we have any giant weed issues down the line. There will be 40 or so panels all together. So the rest of the fence will actually be inside another wire fence protecting the goats... hopefully they won't eat the new fence! It's only enclosing one side of their summer pasture... tastier things to eat in the summer than a fence I hope!

One of my neighbors just called to ask me what the sign says in Crazy Lady's front yard...she drove by and you can't even read it from the road.

Personally I would just weedwhack in between once a week or w/e other wise crazy lady might damage your fence /property while claiming she was "taking care of unsightly weeds "

Have not read the posts for about a week, boy has Crazy Lady gotten crazier or what! Defiantly get another card for your game cam, so you do not miss getting her on camera. We live on 1 acre, just over the county line. We are like the step-children of the county, the police only come out, when they have to. I think of my small flock of hens, when they are screaming "I Pooped An Egg, I Pooped An Egg." far louder than my two roosters crow would drive the people in tow a bit nutty. But we have a few neighbors that have chickens. Like you, we have that rule about having two acres to have a horse, but we have a neighbor around the corner that brings his horses to his property about twice a month, and no one has ever complained. We also have a no pig or goat bylaw. The only thing my hubby fusses over is, when people drive too fast down our street, or do doughnuts in the corner of our neighbors property. He does not hesitate to call the police on that.
I hope all goes well with your next meeting, my prayers are with you & Mr. Spock (Who I think is just so adorable!).
fl.gif

I spent a good part of the morning/ afternoon reading your posts. It is just unbelievable and sad to read how a person goes out of her way to make others miserable. I subscribed to your thread to send you good vibes for the best outcome to your family and Spock. May you be able to keep him and have the peace of mind you deserve.

See I would not know what to do if a neighbor complained about my rooster. When he crows it's loud and we live on 69 acres. We are not zoned for agricultural we are zoned as a preservation, so i don't even know if i'm allowed to have chickens I didn't ask either cause quite frankly it's no one's business what I keep on or do with my property I'm paying the taxes not them.

And even though she maybe that old she should no better not to go out of her way to make you miserable. To be honest it sounds like she might also have a mental disability.I would have done this to her a long time ago
smack.gif
I will be praying for you and your family. All ways remember Evil never wins !!

I can only speak for a few counties in Ohio... It doesn't work that way. If they change the law, people who already have said animals are grandfathered in until those animals die or are removed from the property. Something else to look into for your area so you have one less surprise to worry over.

I understand the laws and the reason for those laws when one lives in town, but like us, although we live in a small town (next to a post office) we are not bound by the same laws as our neighboring towns are because we are "outside" the urban growth boundary... After reading this I see that none of us are safe from an angry neighbor, I do not believe the OP should try and appease this women, heck if she offered her tea she may charge that she tried to poison her... But what can we do when city folks move to the country because they think its so quiet and peaceful and soon find out that its anything but, roosters crowing, geese honking, cows mooing... Life on a farm, whether it is big or small is a noisy sometimes smelly situation and I wish folks would understand we didn't plunk money down on our little piece of the pie just to be told we cannot raise our own animals and food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom