Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these laws do seem a bit strange. I live as smack dab in the middle of our city as it comes. We are zoned residential, single family and I am allowed to have chickens. We are not allowed to have roosters. I have a sufficient lot size that I could actually have a goat and before we subdivided our property and gave an acre lot to our daughter - we had enough to have one horse. We are an incorporated city, we have our own school system and I am in shouting distance of City Hall, the fire department, library and both elementary and high school. There are chicken coops everywhere in the city now. I have lost count of the folks that I know who are building backyard chicken coops.

DH spent yesterday afternoon replacing a rotten post in the chicken pen. He noticed the 10 Ft tall bush in their front yard, the one that the town pointed out was closer to the road than the fence, had been cut down to the ground and the handicapped signs were gone. Crazy Lady spent some time that afternoon walking up and down her driveway with her brother saying loudly, "Don't worry, we'll keep you safe. We'll put the signs back up." Her words must have been making her brother terrified to walk to the end of the driveway. Then she's still going to make him get the paper every morning? (They have a PO Box, so no mail to get. They don't trust the mail being in the mailbox or mail carriers in general.) She was probably just saying all those things for DH's benefit-but her brother doesn't have the capacity to understand that. She so cruel. :( They did put the signs back up and today was a day of Crazy Lady temper tantrums. Lots of yelling... lots of banging. Tomorrow should be (weather permitting) a fence construction day for us..... I hope for sunshine and some more panels between us and her!

DH spent yesterday afternoon replacing a rotten post in the chicken pen. He noticed the 10 Ft tall bush in their front yard, the one that the town pointed out was closer to the road than the fence, had been cut down to the ground and the handicapped signs were gone. Crazy Lady spent some time that afternoon walking up and down her driveway with her brother saying loudly, "Don't worry, we'll keep you safe. We'll put the signs back up." Her words must have been making her brother terrified to walk to the end of the driveway. Then she's still going to make him get the paper every morning? (They have a PO Box, so no mail to get. They don't trust the mail being in the mailbox or mail carriers in general.) She was probably just saying all those things for DH's benefit-but her brother doesn't have the capacity to understand that. She so cruel. :( They did put the signs back up and today was a day of Crazy Lady temper tantrums. Lots of yelling... lots of banging. Tomorrow should be (weather permitting) a fence construction day for us..... I hope for sunshine and some more panels between us and her!
Hope you can get that fence done soon! More work, more panels! :D

Have to love people who don't take any bull from others. One of the people putting up the fence today was a young woman. She and the guy working with her parked their truck next to the road. The young woman leaned up some fence section against the big tree on our property to paint them. Crazy Lady stopped of course as she was driving out to complain that she couldn't see out her driveway. The young woman replied, "Well, you can hear can't you? I don't hear a car, do you?" :) Crazy Lady rolled up her window and drove away.

Fence progress...Lucy and Counselor Troi looking on... :) Getting there!

New rooster Warren Harding with Mrs. Harding....no crowing yet! (He's just a baby.)

Have to love people who don't take any bull from others. One of the people putting up the fence today was a young woman. She and the guy working with her parked their truck next to the road. The young woman leaned up some fence section against the big tree on our property to paint them. Crazy Lady stopped of course as she was driving out to complain that she couldn't see out her driveway. The young woman replied, "Well, you can hear can't you? I don't hear a car, do you?" :) Crazy Lady rolled up her window and drove away.

Fence progress...Lucy and Counselor Troi looking on... :) Getting there!

New rooster Warren Harding with Mrs. Harding....no crowing yet! (He's just a baby.)

very pretty cockerel!

Must have been incredibly refreshing to hear someone else deal with that old bat.

I stumbled on this epic saga and I just had to stop in and pay my respects. I am impressed with your ability to keep both your spine and your sense of humor intact through this. Bless you!

I'm keeping my chickens "illegally", (they coop is not the required 100 feet from property lines) so I'm doubly fortunate to have wonderful neighbors who are amused by the birds and looking forward to sharing eggs.

Good luck with Crazy Lady. Sounds like the kind of person who will be unhappy anywhere, but pray for her to win the lottery and move to her tropical dream home. (Silly I know, but I'd feel horrible praying a sink hole to swallow her whole...)

I stumbled on this epic saga and I just had to stop in and pay my respects. I am impressed with your ability to keep both your spine and your sense of humor intact through this. Bless you!

I'm keeping my chickens "illegally", (they coop is not the required 100 feet from property lines) so I'm doubly fortunate to have wonderful neighbors who are amused by the birds and looking forward to sharing eggs.

Good luck with Crazy Lady. Sounds like the kind of person who will be unhappy anywhere, but pray for her to win the lottery and move to her tropical dream home. (Silly I know, but I'd feel horrible praying a sink hole to swallow her whole...)
lau.gif
You've got a much better spirit than I have. Good show!
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom