Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more!! OP deserves it!

X2
yippiechickie.gif

:) I really do believe that some day it will end.... but right now I'm not feeling it! But thank you for all the kind words!!!! They do help!!!! :)

After dinner I took the dogs outside and DH and I picked vegetables in the chicken garden. As soon as I called a dog and made noise, the music at the pool in their backyard was turned up pretty loud. It really wasn't too bad though because of the new fence! I could deal with it. Then we went to our main garden to pick and above the music I heard Crazy Lady laughing LOUDLY. The kind of giant, fake laugh that someone does when they want the world to think they have an evil secret. Then she began yelling... she had to shout to be heard over her own music. I couldn't hear all the words just a few. "Tomorrow.... cut down all these branches.... then cut the arborvitae." Then I heard a man's voice that I didn't recognize say loudly, "Ok, both sides, is that what you want?"

From my last pictures you can see that in between our two fences just past the horse trailer is a row of arborvitae (hers) and then a few rows of some pretty sad looking spruce trees (mostly ours). She would have to take down her whole fence to cut the trees to the ground. So I believe what she is going to do is cut gaps in between all her trees so she can let the music noise through. Or maybe then is she going to sit on a ladder next to the fence and watch me all day. Or maybe she is just trying yet again to annoy me. :( I can't afford trees tall enough to prevent that! She must be going 100% insane with the fact that she can't see what I'm doing anymore!

Just when DH and I finished picking in the garden the music was abruptly shut off. Then she continued yelling... but I didn't listen...I just went inside. Not because of her... but because I was done!

Just finished reading a story about a carlise firefighter who poisoned 11 of his neighbors chickens because the rooster was driving him insane! So please be safe and keep Spock and everyone safe too and the rate crazy lady's going I wouldn't put it past her to throw some rat poison over either.....sad world we live in now :(

I would get a guard dog, or set up some traps. 16 penny nails 1 inch apart in some 18" x 18" x 1/2" plywood squares placed strategically around the coop would be a nice surprise for a trespassing neighbor. Maybe start target practicing with a Glock in the backyard, that would send a nice message. You have to fight crazy with INSANE!!

I would get a guard dog, or set up some traps. 16 penny nails 1 inch apart in some 18" x 18" x 1/2" plywood squares placed strategically around the coop would be a nice surprise for a trespassing neighbor. Maybe start target practicing with a Glock in the backyard, that would send a nice message. You have to fight crazy with INSANE!!
Glock? Heck, just an el cheapo .22 would do the trick. A larger (louder) lead spitter if you need to be heard above the disco next door.

LIKE the nail idea. Depending on the situation I'd hang large fishing treble hooks (dozens and dozens) in the trees & bushes at about chest level (yes, I'm evil
cool.png
), but one should best be well posted before you go to those extremes.

Of course the more sane among us would still advocate, and correctly so, seeking legal representation and fight this war in the courts. Loser pays the damages AND court fees, so make it too expensive for the nut job to continue the fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom