Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!!! Bet it's a relief to finally have it up!!
Enjoy your day...and best of luck in the future.

Keep us posted on any developments, be they good or not so good.

I can relate and appreciate your sharing your 'catharsis by writing'.
The sharing and feedback can enrich and open all our lives.

Last edited:
Your fence and yard look awesome, good job!

:) Being able to look back on all this and laugh would be awesome...I truly hope I can get there one day!!!! Fence is done!!!! Crazy Lady wasn't around last night.... hopefully today will be quiet! Spock in his domain. Nice to have a puppy who cleans up yesterday's squash skins! Goat pasture... aiming for September for the goats! :) Crazy Lady can't see through that!!!
Very nice fence!

I know you have let out a huge sigh of relief! You also have lovely Golden Retrievers. I'm glad yours are tolerant of your chickens because mine certainly wasn't! My chickens have learned that that fenced in area with the four legged creatures is not for them! Keep us up to date on your situation. We live on a 10 acre parcel, and our neighbor is moving. Hopefully, we won't end up with jerks as neighbors, but tough if they don't like chickens. We are zoned agricultural all the way and I am allowed roosters!

Maybe you could have Spock sleep somewhere that stays dark until later in the day? Like maybe have a mini coop under a tree which is shady and dark in the daytime, and you could let him out into the light a bit later so he doesn't wake up your neighbor? and then so you don't mess up his routine you can also have a light on a timer so it seems like it's daytime for a few extra hours in the afternoon? idk it might be too much work but it would fix the problem.
smile.png

Not sure what's up with the metal pipe in the ground to the left of the fence in the pix below? The pipe showed up this past weekend. Behind it is the crater where the the very tall bush was. The one that they cut to the ground that was closer to the road that our fence. I plan to plant another bush on my side of the fence in September. Then they can put up all the stakes, pipes etc. that they want and I won't see them! :) I love the fence...I can't see her and she can't see me! What a relaxing weekend!! As it stands now the Zoning Officer is back from vacation and is supposed to call DH to let him know when he can see him tomorrow about Spock. Maybe he won't call!!!

This woman is a piece of work. She's only happy meddling or making other people miserable. What a horrible way to live. I certainly cannot imagine living over their with all that negativity. There is absolutely NO reason for you to have to get rid of Spock. You are properly zoned and within your right to have him. If you owned a screeching parrot or cockatoo she couldn't even complain as it is a legal pet, and those are far louder than an occasional rooster crow.

You have gone above and beyond to nullify the situation without stooping to her petty, passive aggressive ways.

I would still put up a recording security camera. ($50 with recording system and night vision at Harbor Freight tools.) This not only protects you and your property, but also gives a third party hard evidence to view. A picture is worth a thousand words, a video is a set of encyclopedia!

I'd plant forsythia. Cheap, bush, prolific. just shove a cutting in the ground and water to let it take root. Poof, a new shrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom