Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, all caught up on the latest haps. Wow! So grateful for my neighbors who think the chickens are "fun to watch" and don't mind the escape artists paying them visits in THEIR yards. I wouldn't last with a neighbor like yours.

I do understand why Crazy Lady's husband drinks now. I went over early this AM to get a picture and what a mess. Sections of fence missing, more than one and she does appear to be making him take down the wood fence and replace it with vinyl. I wondered why I could hear her voice again! For weeks now it has been like a beautiful dream... barely a sound from next door. Must be kind of hard to replace that fence when there is only 18 inches in between the two fences. She is horrible. I wouldn't ask my husband to work so hard to put up a fence and then tell him to take it down and put up another one! I also noticed that she has put a wall of lattice up so that no one can see into her side yard from the street anymore. She appears to be going off the paranoid deep end.

Not that I'm trying to contribute to her nuttiness but I don't want her close to my chickens...period. So DH and I talked and here is the plan. We are going to install a security light that goes off if anybody goes near our fence in the spot where she took hers down. I will point the lights low on our property... but at least we will know if she tries to trespass. Then I am going to install the game cam to watch that location as well. We are also going to plant some very prickly fast growing shrubs and some blackberries.

Why is she ruining her own property? What is wrong with her?

There is no accounting for the human brain... she sounds like my sister in law, she is we believe bi polar, Its sad really, once they get their mind set on something nothing will pacify them, they have to continually create more drama and problems where none existed. Although thankfully we don't live next door to her and haven't seen her for over 3 years (she lives 15 miles from us) she has caused us no amount of grief and continues to do so... Family that we used to be close to we no longer are in contact with and all because this women didn't get her way. Its a sad lonely life in the end.

When my cars were broken into I put up motion activated flood lights that were 500 watts each on the front of my house.
When the neighbor opened her garage door almost half a football field away my lights would come on.
No one complained. They thought they were great since they did not have to pay for the added security for their places.
The police that had come to the door when the cars were broken into even stopped by to tell us they thought the massive lights were well done.

We got them at Home Depot for less than 80 dollars each.

Lit the house and street up like high noon.

Last edited:
I am sorry crazy lady has started her nonsense again.

I do think she has an obsession: you. Creepy, isn't it? But I do think she was so engrossed in participating in you life in a twisted way that she can't let go. Therefore, she's trying everything imaginable to get your attention again. She is in great need of therapy, for it seems she can't live without you.
The camera + the lights are a great idea to protect yourself and your chickens. Get those prickly bushes ASAP before it gets too cold for them to hold.
Good luck! Keep us posted.

No gap in the fence! Yippee! Crazy Lady's husband has been outside all day replacing about half of their entire fence! That over a hundred feet. They replaced the wood with the cheapest plastic fence you can buy. Why? It looks so bad.... I'm so glad we put up a fence already and don't have to look at it! Today is a better day!!!!!

From Here, it's just so sad...... that poor woman's mental state, taking care of an adult disabled son, and who knows how long/much the hubs has been over indulging.

There but for the grace of the gods go us all.

From There, it's probably just scary as hell on top of the frustrating, infuriating, disgusting, annoying, exhausting.........

Strength be with you TSG!

Thank you aart. :) My husband and I went out to feed the chickens and Crazy Lady's husband was standing on a ladder and she was barking at him. "Fix that. That's not straight!" She was talking about the little white plastic caps on top of the posts. I imagine the crookedness of the fence will be something he will have to deal with as soon as the ground freezes..... all winter. He only put some of the posts a foot in the ground and then filled the hole with cement. I guess we'll have to see what fence they put up next...I don't think plastic absorbs sound very well.

Well I just sat down and read your entire story. Amazing! We have probably, 10 roosters at the moment, give or take a few, geese, ducks, and pigeons. Our neighbors own a mud run, which is deafening when they use it. They attempted to complain about our birds once... Guess they decided best not to get into it as we could easily throw out complaints of our own. Wishing you the best of luck, I am going to continue following your thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom