Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hopping into this thread. Spock does seem like a blessing, despite all the troubles another has caused from his presence. May you write all the stories you can imagine, to fill dozens of libraries, OP.

My sisters dog actually ate some string. Aanndd my sister had to pull it OUT of her!!!! That wasn't the first or last time she done that. I bet Spock knows the crowing annoys the lady :lol:
Go spock go!!!

My sisters dog actually ate some string. Aanndd my sister had to pull it OUT of her!!!! That wasn't the first or last time she done that. I bet Spock knows the crowing annoys the lady
lol.png

Go spock go!!!

Years ago my dog got plugged up and the vet had to operate. He had ate 3 socks, a pair of my undies and my scarf.

He came out of it just fine and got over his clothing fetish.

Had a cat once that had a panty fetish, you'd find her rolling in the laundry where she had picked out only the panties, better than catnip.

Odds on Crazy Lady's tarp fence making it through the 50 mph winds today? :) I made a quick exit when I realized I was standing under a tree taking these pictures. Oops! I hope if (when) that tarp breaks free it doesn't blow into our horse pasture.

We also had a blowing tarp issue with the neighbor on the other side of us. (Now foreclosed... they abandoned the house long ago). They had a leak in the roof on the extension off the back of the house. So they decided to put a tarp on it. But instead of using wood and actually nailing the tarp down the guy attached part of it with a rope to the satellite dish. Well, on a day not unlike today a good gust of wind came along and ripped the tarp and the dish right off the roof. He looked so confused. So he said forget about the tarp and I watched him climb up on the roof and nail the dish right into the roof. Needless to say the roof REALLY leaked after that.

When these people abandoned their house they also abandoned their lone chicken. There was only one because every other one had been killed either by their own dogs or skunks. Their open garage was full of garbage and so of course it was full of skunks as well. I had watched the chickens get picked off one by one until just a single Easter Egger remained. They didn't feed her, even in the winter. I tried to but she wouldn't let me get near. She was afraid of my dogs. One of the kids had tied their little terrier to the chicken pen and left him there. Multiple birds died that day. Dogs equaled death in her world.

After they abandoned the house a neighborhood kid caught and gave me the chicken who by now was probably 6 or 7 years old. I named her Lucky-Lucky to Be Alive. She only had a few toes left, having lost the rest to frostbite I assume. I had seen her digging in the snow for food. She panicked at the site of my dogs, but over time she settled down. Primarily because my chickens have no fear of the dogs. I found it remarkable that she was able to move on and assimilate into the flock. But when it rains or snows you will never find Lucky outside in the weather. She has a choice now and she chooses to stay inside.

Odds?

Last edited:
That's horrible about the ex-neighbors animals. I know it happens, we actually have a neighbor similar to what you describe. It's tough to see them bring home one animal after another as replacements for the ones that died from their neglect and we know none of them are being taken care of. Some people have no business having responsibility for any living thing, animals or kids.

The good news was that you got Lucky! What an appropriate name. Glad she's settled down in her new home.

We had a neighbour like that, got about twenty chickens, there was a fox attack the killed five so the decided to shut them up in the coup for TWO weeks it was only a small shed, I asked them where the chickens were having assumed that they had built a run in the back where I couldn't see. They hadn't, instead just left them there, I threatened to called the animal protection service so they built them a small run yesterday. I have four chickens with more space than that. Imagine the poo. Calling the animal services tomorrow.

I am happy for you and your new goats! The fence looks like it is doing the job. Your little farm is so cute, and your animals are all so sweet, I am glad it's going well.
Crazy Neighbor Lady can go kick rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom