Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I haven't stopped smiling today!

No worries about goats getting into pools! All the rocks are at least 25 feet from the fence both sides...then her pool is on the other side of my wood fence. It's an above ground pool and the deck is just below the 6 foot fence. So no matter which rock Unacleet is standing on...from her pool deck Crazy Lady is looking him right in the eye! Really this is because she cleared all the brush on her side so you can see through the sparse trees now. I really believe that a big part of her life was watching me through the trees....making sure I wasn't doing anything she didn't want me to do. Now she can't do that anymore!! She can sit on her pool deck and peek through the spruce trees, but she can't see into my back yard. All she can see is pasture. After almost 10 years I finally don't have a person watching me. It's a good feeling.

I'm not quite there with feeling sorry for her. I do continue to feel sorry for her animals though. Her GSD has been barking A LOT again. I'm not sure if it's because he can smell or see the goats or just because he has no life. It appears as if she has bought a shock collar for him. I guess the clicker training she talked about at the zoning board meeting didn't work? But of course they are not being consistent or using it properly. He barks for 5 or 10 minutes and then I can hear the bark cut off by a small yelp of pain at the end. It's sad....

The goat pasture....they seem to be very happy here!

After almost 10 years I finally don't have a person watching me. It's a good feeling.

I'm not quite there with feeling sorry for her.
Why I moved to a house with 500 feet of woods on both sides of house...if neighbor uphill and across road changes, it might be a different story.

Completely understandable.

The zoning officer said that now she was not just complaining, but SCREAMING at his staff for not acting on her complaints. He used the word SCREAMING! She has now wasted so much time and resources of the town staff that the zoning officer is looking into sending HER the equivalent of a "cease and desist" letter.

Sounds like they've decided she's a type of vexatious litigant. I had a neighbor who filed so many lawsuits and police complaints that the city finally issued him an order barring him from filing or calling (except in case of actual emergency). That was a sweet day, and we threw a humdinger of a party to celebrate!

OK for sure Crazy Lady's GSD is barking at my baby goats. Today they were playing on their giant rocks about mid-day. I could see them clearly out my office window. They are such funny creatures-bucking and kicking and having a good goat time of it. Goat joy is very contagious. They make me smile. The height of the rocks must carry their scent up high over the fence especially with the wind whipping like it was today. Just a minute after the "king of the rock" games began Crazy Lady's dog starting barking and nobody quieted him. He barked for at least ten minutes. All the while the goats paid no mind to the barking. Then they decided they were done and dashed through the pasture and back into their house... and the barking stopped. The dog must have a clear view of my goats from the deck. I am so glad that we have 3 fences between my goats and her dog. Bummer that one of them is not 8 feet!

Yay for Spock! Yay for you! Your goats look so cute. The pictures made me smile.
big_smile.png

OK am I getting paranoid? Today we had 25-30 MPH winds all day with driving rain. I heard a loud bang this afternoon...really loud...the dogs even barked. I ran to look and our recycling container and trash container next to the road were both turned over. They are the BIG containers on wheels that get picked up by a truck with huge metal arms. Trash was all over the road. So I ran outside in the pouring rain and picked all the recycling up-lucky the trash had already been dumped. But I couldn't put the stuff back in the recycling container because one side of it was gone, completely smashed. And the trash container had a smashed hole on the top. When I was picking it up I swear I heard laughter from Crazy Lady's driveway....loud. I called the trash company for replacements. The guy couldn't believe that the recycling container was smashed. He said they are virtually indestructible-they had to have been hit by a car.

Today I guess was the final straw with Crazy Lady's husband. He removed half of the tarp fence-it was almost air born. I heard him ripping and tearing the remnants of it down while I was taking care of my horses in the pouring rain. He was not happy.

So I don't know what happened to our trash containers.....maybe the trash guy can tell if they were hit. I also saw a white truck today that I have never seen before with really loud distinctive engine. It was a rusty piece of junk. Right before I came inside tonight it roared by our house, turned around in Crazy Lady's driveway and then roared back down the street.

I really hope this was all nothing but the wind...but wouldn't the wind just knock the containers over?

So not to brag or anything, but I definitely pinned one of those things against a metal building with a 120 hp front end loader and the only damage I did was pop the wheels off. Just saying...

OK am I getting paranoid? Today we had 25-30 MPH winds all day with driving rain. I heard a loud bang this afternoon...really loud...the dogs even barked. I ran to look and our recycling container and trash container next to the road were both turned over. They are the BIG containers on wheels that get picked up by a truck with huge metal arms. Trash was all over the road. So I ran outside in the pouring rain and picked all the recycling up-lucky the trash had already been dumped. But I couldn't put the stuff back in the recycling container because one side of it was gone, completely smashed. And the trash container had a smashed hole on the top. When I was picking it up I swear I heard laughter from Crazy Lady's driveway....loud. I called the trash company for replacements. The guy couldn't believe that the recycling container was smashed. He said they are virtually indestructible-they had to have been hit by a car.

Today I guess was the final straw with Crazy Lady's husband. He removed half of the tarp fence-it was almost air born. I heard him ripping and tearing the remnants of it down while I was taking care of my horses in the pouring rain. He was not happy.

So I don't know what happened to our trash containers.....maybe the trash guy can tell if they were hit. I also saw a white truck today that I have never seen before with really loud distinctive engine. It was a rusty piece of junk. Right before I came inside tonight it roared by our house, turned around in Crazy Lady's driveway and then roared back down the street.

I really hope this was all nothing but the wind...but wouldn't the wind just knock the containers over?
Ugh...creepy...

Just trying to picture the holes your describing.. and I do not mean to alarm you or make you more paranoid, but could these maybe be entry/exit holes from a shotgun? Buckshot and some of the home defense rounds I have tried are capable of leaving pretty big holes in metal. For example, there's a home defense round with pellet shots and a slug in one shell, these left a 1 1/2 to 2 foot wide hole in the side of a car door from about 20 feet away. (it was not on a car, it was at a shooting range :) ) Just a thought, and if that is the case I would definitely be getting the police involved!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom