Neighboring free range flock.

chickenbritt5908

Songster
Nov 20, 2019
Oklahoma
We live in the middle of 5 acres, and we have neighbors that live in the middle of 3. They have a small flock that free range, and mine free range while we are home. Our chickens go to the dividing fence line and hang out on both sides of the fence. There isn’t any issue with the neighbors but I was wondering if I needed to worry about them venturing further on to the neighbor’s property, and the other flock’s territory. They have a rooster and I have two. Will they stay on their established territory?

The neighbor’s chickens don’t come over here. We just have a barbed wire fence. We wouldn’t have an issue with them coming over here, and I don’t believe the neighbors have an issue with ours going over there. I just don’t want the roosters fighting. My question isn’t from human concern, just animal concern. If that makes sense. Lol

Chickens may not respect our boundaries, but are they territorial? I guess is the question.
Yes they are.
The males may very well fight....or they may stay apart.
Only time will tell....no guarantees with live animals.

Our chickens go to the dividing fence line and hang out on both sides of the fence.
We just have a barbed wire fence.
The dividing fence is barbed wire...how many strands at what spacing?

Back
Top Bottom