Neighbors Crowded Coop and run

The 100 square feet includes the run and I'm not sure it's even that big, my husband says it's not. I think it's more of an issue of them being only 10 feet from our house... I can't really expect them to move the whole thing over though because it's already built and has been there since before we moved in. I think the best thing is getting rid of theroosters and scaling down on the amount of chickens. The roosters are reallyyoung and learning how to crow so it's possible that they went and got chicksand some ended up being roosters.

Very true on the roosters being unintentional if they bought straight run or possibly even a sexing error by the breeder. I'd get a clear explanation from code enforcement and talk with your neighbor. If it can't be resolved then call code enforcement. Sometimes they know a violation is occuring but won't do anything if no one complains.

When you complained about rooster noise the first time, the rooster vanished. You might have to do that again.

Bantams are normally sold straight run so half end up being cockerels and the buyer needs to be prepared for that. I'm guessing they weren't and are trying to re-home them now.

I understand your frustrations but not your reluctance to have a conversation. Maybe leave out that you don't approve of their housing and just ask them about the young roosters and their plans because you're unhappy with the noise.

Back
Top Bottom