BoomChickWow

Chirping
May 20, 2023
This morning one of my nesting boxes looked like a crime scene. I have 3 nesting boxes open and 5 hens. 2 of them have been laying for a while and 2 just started laying. I know it was my 3 oldest fighting over this one box. One of them ended up laying on the drop board in the coop which has never happened. I looked for injuries on all of them and couldn’t find anything. Is there a way to resolve this. Maybe close up the popular nesting box for a while? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    615 KB · Views: 43
It looks like you have a bloody comb somewhere. For that amount of hens two boxes is probably plenty, so closing it off for a couple of days should be fine. I suggest getting some fake eggs and evenly putting them in the non-popular nesting boxes to encourage them to lay elsewhere.

It looks like you have a bloody comb somewhere. For that amount of hens two boxes is probably plenty, so closing it off for a couple of days should be fine. I suggest getting some fake eggs and evenly putting them in the non-popular nesting boxes to encourage them to lay elsewhere.
Ok I was expecting bloody combs but maybe the blood froze by the time I checked them and I missed it. I have fake eggs in every box but I will try closing it off for a few days. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom