Never gets old

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
I just fixed egg salad from fresh eggs. Mmmmmm. A great breakfast! I have to say it has been 13 months since our girls first gave us eggs, and going out to collect eggs is always fun for me, the eggs are great!

I have noticed a decline in chicken egg sales this summer, so the food bank has benefited from our fresh eggs, but it is still a great hobby, and if I can help out at the food bank and still not break my bank with feed bills (yes, ever increasing!) all the better!

Anyone else still loving the flock after years. I mean really, what a cool hobby! I feel like such a goofball, but who else would understand except for my fellow chicken friends!

My babies are only 3.5 weeks old right now but I can not wait for next years eggs. So excited! This is my first year having chickens.

You will love it. Notmany hobbies can feed you and manage some entertainment at the same time. Even my husband who wasn't excited about the birds fine them amusing! "the girls" he calls them. :D

You're not alone! I am still in love with my girls, and its been over 5 years for me!!!
thumbsup.gif

My girls are 18weeks next Sat. so I'm on egg countdown already! Just dying for that first real egg (and hoping not too many weird ones first)

Back
Top Bottom