Never had to deal with this problem

unbaked pegga

Songster
9 Years
Nov 22, 2014
Lebanon TN
I have a red/blue lace Wyandotte. She is one year old. She has always been a big healthy chicken. About three or four days ago she seem like she didn’t feel well. She would get under the coop and lay there. She seemed alert and when I called her she would look at me. She would eat lettuce, a little corn and I also noticed she had a limp. Yesterday I examined her and her crop was soft and small, Yesterday I palpated the rest of her body all the way up to the vent I didn’t feel an egg I put on a glove and checked her inside. Didn’t feel anything I thought would be an egg. And then I noticed that she had a slight limp. So I googled it and it said limping could be a sign of being egg bound. But I had just checked her. I called the vet I used to use and I told him what was going on, he said do you still have the 200 mg Tylan injectable I gave you? When I said yes he said to give her 1/2 cc two days in a row and that’s all. I gave her the second one today, my daughter came over to help me. When she sat her down she said I needed to check and see why she was limping. She picked her up and looked at her claw and said she has bumblefoot . I didn’t know what it was and she said localized infection. I clean the coop and run every day but with 5 chickens I would have to clean ir 2x a day to be super clean. She said it didn’t have a scab,so I shouldn’t try to lance it . It looks like a small pink pebble under where the “fingers” come together so don’t know what else I can do (I wish I could afford but a vet but at 75 it is hand to mouth) ?

I have a red/blue lace Wyandotte. She is one year old. She has always been a big healthy chicken. About three or four days ago she seem like she didn’t feel well. She would get under the coop and lay there. She seemed alert and when I called her she would look at me. She would eat lettuce, a little corn and I also noticed she had a limp. Yesterday I examined her and her crop was soft and small, Yesterday I palpated the rest of her body all the way up to the vent I didn’t feel an egg I put on a glove and checked her inside. Didn’t feel anything I thought would be an egg. And then I noticed that she had a slight limp. So I googled it and it said limping could be a sign of being egg bound. But I had just checked her. I called the vet I used to use and I told him what was going on, he said do you still have the 200 mg Tylan injectable I gave you? When I said yes he said to give her 1/2 cc two days in a row and that’s all. I gave her the second one today, my daughter came over to help me. When she sat her down she said I needed to check and see why she was limping. She picked her up and looked at her claw and said she has bumblefoot . I didn’t know what it was and she said localized infection. I clean the coop and run every day but with 5 chickens I would have to clean ir 2x a day to be super clean. She said it didn’t have a scab,so I shouldn’t try to lance it . It looks like a small pink pebble under where the “fingers” come together so don’t know what else I can do (I wish I could afford but a vet but at 75 it is hand to mouth) ?
Picture?

Back
Top Bottom