New 2 BYC:):):):) ALABAMA Yard Bird:):):):)

alabamayardbird

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 16, 2011
Winfield, AL
First let me THANK YOU "BYC", and anyone who has played a part in making this site what it is THANK Y'ALL!!!!!

Ok My name is Danny I live in Alabama , Me my wife and kids own 16 Hens and 1 Roo we bought them at our Feed and Seed they called them Rhode Island Reds but the more I read I think that they may be production reds ??? But we love them no matter what . They lay tasty eggs and do a fine job on unwanted bugs in the yard and i love to hear the rooster crow and its a good thing because he crows day and night. I would like to have a flock of Welsumers if anyone has any info on where i could find them please let me know. THANKS....

welcome-byc.gif
Danny! Glad to have you!
D.gif
D.gif

Hello and welcome! Pennsylvania here...I am new here as well...started a farm rather quickly and now have around 30 chickens, 1 emu, 6 Ostrich, 4 goats and 2 sheep and loving it... we have one wellsummer and she is a great hen. Shes a little jumpy when I scare her out of her nest but I think thats because of where we got her from. They would chase her around...Again welcome! good luck..
big_smile.png

Thanks 4 the welcome msg's...... I found this site this morning and since then i cant quit reading all the info on here ..... IT IS NICE TO KNOW I'M NOT ALONE WHEN IT COMES TO MY LOVE FOR THE YARDBIRD!!!! Taking care of, feeding, watching, eating their eggs, and eating them ....

Oooh! I love welsummers! We are mainly a welsummer farm. I hope you get some!

<---- See this rooster to my left? He's a welsummer!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom