New 8 x 12 Bantam Coop *New Additions-Post 244~ 6/2*

WOW Cyn! I'm amazed at your hubby's skills! Once you're all done I hope you create a BYC page with all these great pics and info!!!

(BTW, send him out here to build us a coop when he's done)
big_smile.png

You know Cyn, this has actually helped me with my designs for my new coop, since it's going to be 12' in length, also. What will the interior be like?

The roost will be on the far back corner. In the divider wall between the storage area and the actual coop area, there will be a few nests with a pull down access door from the storage area. As you walk in the human door, there will be a built in brooder on the back wall in that area and we'll have a PVC feeder that will run along the back wall of the coop which can be filled from the storage area. I'll post pics after we get started in there. Have to enclose the soffit, install the big window, put in the ventilation and a put interior walls up, plus build the human door and the inner door to the coop area.

Gorgeous!!!!! Is he just building it as he goes along, or did he have a plan to go by?

Man, thats is awesome. You should keep that hubby!

Oh, he's kept! He saw a shed at Home Depot he liked the looks of so he sort of copied the design a bit, mainly the roof style. He drew plans and measurements up on graph paper beforehand. This is the fifth building we have done here-we get a bit better every time, but there are still mistakes along the way, like today when he was supposed to mark the 8' point along the top of the wall and he marked it at 80" instead, then the piece we cut definitely didn't fit, LOL, but it worked out after we figured out the mistake. He powers through even when his back is screaming--he has degenerative disc disease and some discs are just no longer there, so you can imagine the pain.

Got the big window in place and the human door built, the soffits with two screened vents are in, and did some work on the sliding pop door. Much left to be done, including putting tint on the picture window, 1x4 trim on corners and around window and door and across the front soffit area, the roofing, the ventilation, the covered pen, etc. Not sure whether to paint or stain, but stain won't hide any cracks where plywood comes together, so could be I have to paint--everything around here needs paint!
barnie.gif

DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1307-1.jpg

DSCN1304.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom