New 8 x 12 Bantam Coop *New Additions-Post 244~ 6/2*

Raided the Oops! paint shelf at Home Depot and picked up these lively oil/alkyd semi gloss paints today for the interior. So, which color should I use on the floor and which on the walls?

348_dscn1373.jpg

The smaller container is a brighter gold than it shows in my picture. Is that the one you mean by "darker color" for the floor? I'm sure there won't be enough of that one for the floor, but maybe the nests? It will have to be either violet, green or a combination of the two for the floor. Those are in gallon sizes.
smile.png

Quote:
Use a mixture 50/50 of the Violet and the green for the floor. That mix will make kind of an odd Greyish brown. Which would go nicely with Chicken poop. LOL. mix up about a quart and you will have more than enough to paint the floor. primed before hand of course. And if you need more just do another 50/50 mix.

Cant wait to see what you come up with....
pop.gif
caf.gif

Use a mixture 50/50 of the Violet and the green for the floor. That mix will make kind of an odd Greyish brown. Which would go nicely with Chicken poop. LOL

lau.gif
My DH said the same thing! Hahaha! Maybe I'll just do violet on the floor, green up the walls and the bright gold in the nests. I'll have to see what it looks like when I start testing. I promise the exterior won't be as colorful, LOL.​

Quote:
lau.gif
My DH said the same thing! Hahaha! Maybe I'll just do violet on the floor, green up the walls and the bright gold in the nests. I'll have to see what it looks like when I start testing. I promise the exterior won't be as colorful, LOL.

Oh you gotta do color. Accent with something bright and cheerful.... take a pattern you see and xerox it up to a stensile size cut it out and make your graphics.... I draw and paint a little but could never mix paint I would always get that same color. I just took a color class in order to learn how NOT to make Chicken POO colored paint.... Now I see it might have become an Asset.....
lau.gif
gig.gif

My Parakeet and Finch nest boxes all were painted black inside and Bright white with flowers and vines drawn all over the outside. Just splashes of Green orange blue and red... you can actually take and mix regular acrylic paints for portraits with house paint to tint the paint colors you like. They come out very pastel. I have done about six murals now using plain old white house paint.

Yeah, I could get really creative, couldn't I? I have some of Donna Dewberry's books and paints, but never really got heavily into it. This may be my chance! Just don't want my birds flying into walls trying to eat the pretty flower, LOL.

Well, since I paid only $11 total for all that paint, I feel pretty darn good! That 29 oz container of bright gold paint is that new Behr paint with primer in it and a lifetime guarantee. That stuff is expensive, but I paid just $1 for that. Love saving $$$$! I already have the exterior body and trim color in the closet, just have to stir them up.

Oh, btw, I also picked up a chainlink gate, two huge panels, and the latch with them, for just $1.52 each. They were in the cull lumber bin! I couldn't believe it! We'll replace our flimsy wooden driveway gate with them. They're not damaged enough to even care about. Good day at Home Depot, huh?

I wonder about that Oops paint, though. What project/room were they trying to mix those colors for? The violet is almost the color in my bathroom, which is decorated in sage and violet. They were sitting there just waiting for me, but I doubt the person who had those mixed up wanted them for a chicken coop, LOL.

Quote:
They probably said eww I wouldnt paint a chicken coop with that..... no accounting for taste.... I actually like the purple and the gold. The green gives me flashbacks...
gig.gif
but heck its paint to protect the wood...

(flashbacks are when I worked as a draftsman at US Elevator who painted all their Steel that color)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom