New Australian Hatching Mystery Egg at Home

Zzzzzzzzwha? wowow so many people so early in the morning! So far no change, except that I gave some water on a tissue to the bumblebee that was watching and it's gone now. the pip is still a little pyramid of cracks.

I'll update again shortly one I wake up properly!

Zzzzzzzzwha? wowow so many people so early in the morning! So far no change, except that I gave some water on a tissue to the bumblebee that was watching and it's gone now. the pip is still a little pyramid of cracks.

I'll update again shortly one I wake up properly!
Good morning! I cant wait to see what your little one turns out to be! Its so hard to waiting for updates. What time is it where you are? Its 4:30 pm in Missouri.
tongue.png

Thank you so much JoyfulPromise! I'm really flattered that Ozexpat shared the thread with some other people; I'm so glad that there are other people as excited as I am about this whole adventure! It's been really wonderful, I feel very lucky to have gotten the opportunity, I just hope it ends well!

I have a huge love of all birds (I have two handraised house parrots at the moment, but have kept ducks and chooks and geese and guinea fowl in the past!), but only had a basic understanding of incubating, and my bator is super simplistic. But every time I looked up information on google I kept getting a return to this forum which was how I found out about it! :D So if it does go well, I have the wealth of information here and the BYC community to thank! :D

Okay, I am well and truly awake and outta bed now! As for what time it is here, it's just gone 8:26am as I am posting this. It's so amazing that so many folks are here watching from all around the world (Missouri! Texas! Washington! Wow!) I hope that this little chap doesn't need me to stay awake late tonight because I don't think I'll be much use with the tiny amounts of sleep I got. But we shall see. The things I do for birdies!
caf.gif
I feel so lucky to have gotten this amazing privelage, I'm excited to perhaps finally know what is inside! I am still guessing native wood duck
fl.gif

I'll be sure to update if there is any change what-so-ever, at the moment it is just the same little cracked dimple shape as it was at 4:30am. It is rocking occasionally and sometimes answering me with very quiet little peeping sounds!
love.gif
I'm sure if it is peeping it is not a snake or a lizard, so that has to be good news! I have the temperature sitting around 37.0-37.3'c (98.6-99.14'f )and the humidity at 65%. I opened the ventilation up a good deal more because the humidity was getting higher- is it possible to have too much ventilation at this stage? Or not really providing that the temperature and humidity are okay?

I can take a close up photograph in a little bit, and I will update as soon as there is any change. I am watching like a hawk still, it's going to be a long day I'm sure!
pop.gif
At the moment though my parrot is begging for attention; I don't think he will like if a new baby hatches and he is no longer the center of all attention hehehe!

Yes, you don't want too much ventilation in order to prevent the membrane from drying out, but if the humidity is holding steady you are probably good!

Back
Top Bottom