New babies acting weird compared to other babies??

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
EDIT: THEY ARE GOOD NOW I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO DELETE A POST
but if i could delete it then im just gonna leave this post up just incase anyone else has the same problem & wants to look at the comments for an answer

My new chicks hatched today at around 11AM and they are only taking like 3 steps and then stopping, and also pooping a green liquid? Not diareah, but like water?? Im posting this at 3:40 so they are only 4 hours old.
20240124_153511.jpg

Last edited:
are they warm enough? I usually transfer them to another incubator for at least 24 hours
Idk how to answer that, I was told to take them out when they are fully dry, but i will put them under one of my heaters if that would help.

Can you get some Poultry NutriDrench or Save a chick electrolytes, and give them some? Get them drinking and dip their beaks in water and food. Do they have a source of heat?
Yes i have a bulb heater and a brooder heater. I will give my chicks the elctrolytes, thanks!

I have a smaller round incubator that I remove the turning tray and lay paper towels down and put a little feed on floor in a pile and small thing of water just like an ounce or so. They normally will stand real still if they are cold. once they are warm they tend to eat and drink more. The yolk should be feeding them still for the first 24-72 hours. You can give them a little sugar water to pep them up if they don't on their own but just a little.

Is their room fairly warm as well? They need about 90 degrees under the spot they are in, and the room should be about 70 degrees. Is this your first hatch?

Is their room fairly warm as well? They need about 90 degrees under the spot they are in, and the room should be about 70 degrees. Is this your first hatch?
Its my first expereince with hacthing babies yeah. These specific ones no

Back
Top Bottom