new babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jt813

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 9, 2012
i got two light sussex chicks today and they are adorable i was wondering if anyone had ant tips for me i could use it thankyou

Make sure they're warm, about 90-95 degrees to start. Also be sure to check their butts and clean off any poo that blocks them up. The threat of a blockage only last for the first week or so. You also need to be sure to use a waterer designed for chicks as they can drown in the larger ones.

thankyou so much but right now their lovin life they have a heat lamp and a new chick feeder and waterer and they look very good and pooping perfectly fine

hugs.gif
I am so happy for you.They are so sweet I could just hug,and kiss tthem.If I could pull them out of this screen I would,They are precious,Congrats,Sandra

thankyou so much sandra i love them and if we could pull chicks off of screens i would have thousands lol

Congrats! I'm still pretty new to chicks, but with my latest experience with my chicks I'd recommend you get another chick or 2 to add to the brooder in case you lose one. I got 2 silkies and lost one at 11 days old, so I had to put one of my Delaware chicks in with my lone silkie so she'd stop peeping her head off and start eating and drinking. I don't want to imagine what would have happened if I didn't have another chick to put in with her.

They're very cute and I hope the best for them. Enjoy them while they're little, fluffy, and cute. My Delawares are 4 weeks old and are at the big, grouchy, ugly stage. lol

Back
Top Bottom