new baby swan!?!?

brook holt

Chirping
Sep 3, 2018
New Zealand
my mum found a baby swan on side of road and tried to find the mum. no luck.
anyway we have bought him home and we have set up a cage for him inside, he LOVES swimming and is very cutee
he has settled in nicely, and is very very social.

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i should feed him? i live right next to a pond so the water that he swims in is from there, and he was eating the weeds/grass out of the water.
have given him a little chick mash but i understand this is not good for him, to much protein and that causes deformities blah... they need a lot of greens but thats all I've gathered.

please give me info!!! on raising swans/food/ect! thank you!!!!

also update on my other birds, my broody ducks egg turned out to be rotten :( and the little half hatched chicken died, and the 1 chicken that hatched i sold to a good home

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 28
Please head for the forums above. scroll down until you reach ornamental fowl (swans) and post your questions there. Sorry I know nothing about swans except they are beautiful.

my mum found a baby swan on side of road and tried to find the mum. no luck.
anyway we have bought him home and we have set up a cage for him inside, he LOVES swimming and is very cutee
he has settled in nicely, and is very very social.

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i should feed him? i live right next to a pond so the water that he swims in is from there, and he was eating the weeds/grass out of the water.
have given him a little chick mash but i understand this is not good for him, to much protein and that causes deformities blah... they need a lot of greens but thats all I've gathered.

please give me info!!! on raising swans/food/ect! thank you!!!!

also update on my other birds, my broody ducks egg turned out to be rotten :( and the little half hatched chicken died, and the 1 chicken that hatched i sold to a good home

Back
Top Bottom