New chick from tsc has pastel green poop and won’t move

katsallday

Chirping
Mar 25, 2022
I just picked up a few chicks from tractor supply and they gave me one chick for free that was doing really bad. When I got it home, I got it some electrolyte water and noticed a pastel green watery poop. I just gave her some egg yolk she doesn’t have the strength to pick up her neck or move around. She also won’t eat crumble, she just lays with her face in the shavings and her wings splayed out. She can stand for short periods of time. She is a prairie bluebell any ideas would be great

Attachments

• IMG_8490.jpeg
    IMG_8490.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 13
I'd work on getting fluids into her like you're doing.
See if she will eat mushy chick starter, but if she will take the egg yolk, that's fine too.

The poop is an odd color isn't it. Sometimes when just hatched the poop is green but it's a dark green.

I wonder if they had given the chicks something like Gro Gel during shipping or at the store.

See if she will eat mushy chick starter, but if she will take the egg yolk, that's fine too.

The poop is an odd color isn't it. Sometimes when just hatched the poop is green but it's a dark green.

I wonder if they had given the chicks something like Gro Gel during shipping or at the store.
Chicks shipped to feed store typically do not have to grow gel included, unfortunately.

She passed last night in my husbands hands :( we tried everything we could for her so sad

She passed last night in my husbands hands :( we tried everything we could for her so sad
I'm sorry about the chick, it is sad to lose little ones like that.

Chicks shipped to feed store typically do not have to grow gel included, unfortunately.
I've seen it with the chicks at my TSC, but that may be something the Chick Lady at TSC adds herself.

It could be, I've never seen it here. I wonder if you can make your own...
I don't know. You can order it from Murray McMurray, 1 packet is $4.20 (who knows how much shipping is).

I just buy a large packet of Durvet multi species electrolytes/vitamins at TSC or Amazon. A packet will last a long time if kept dry and sealed (put it in a mason jar with tight lid and store it at room temp). For just hatched chicken chicks I give that for a couple of days. For Quail I give it for a week. Fresh water is available too but everyone likes that colored water😊

I don't know. You can order it from Murray McMurray, 1 packet is $4.20 (who knows how much shipping is).

I just buy a large packet of Durvet multi species electrolytes/vitamins at TSC or Amazon. A packet will last a long time if kept dry and sealed (put it in a mason jar with tight lid and store it at room temp). For just hatched chicken chicks I give that for a couple of days. For Quail I give it for a week. Fresh water is available too but everyone likes that colored water😊
I'll suggest that. I know that Hydro Hen is added to the water, it would likely help to add gro gel.

I just picked up a few chicks from tractor supply and they gave me one chick for free that was doing really bad. When I got it home, I got it some electrolyte water and noticed a pastel green watery poop. I just gave her some egg yolk she doesn’t have the strength to pick up her neck or move around. She also won’t eat crumble, she just lays with her face in the shavings and her wings splayed out. She can stand for short periods of time. She is a prairie bluebell any ideas would be great
its actually bile. I would mush up some food and syringe the chick. Just a little at a time.
Vitamin b12 doesnt hurt.

Back
Top Bottom