New chicken & duck owners here!

Well I just finished the duck pen today. Finally gonna put them out maybe tomorrow. Give them some good exercise. Lol

Attachments

• 20240503_181129.jpg
    20240503_181129.jpg
    953.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240503_181154.jpg
    20240503_181154.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
We had those when we were kids and shockingly, hunters would buy adults from us to take home to their wives when they didn't get any duck hunting. They do look similar, but size wise, we were so surprised wives would fall for that lol.
Wonder if they were the same 'sportsmen' who used to buy ringnecks from me when I was a kid?

Pretty fancy! Are you adding a kiddy pool or something in there so they can make some good mud? 😊
Ya, the wife is gonna get one of the real small kiddie pools tomorrow to give them something to play in. They're still too young to leave out overnite, so just gonna let them have some daytime exercise for while to get use to the pen.

I actually thought these were Rouens when we first got them, but someone told us they were Mallards. Thank you for the clarification!
I wouldn't trust them for getting reliable, duck knowledge 😉 also, if they were Mallards, their prop toe would be clipped and probably would also have a hole punched in it's webbing on it's foot, plus, not likely to find Mallards at a feed store! :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust them for getting reliable, duck knowledge 😉 also, if they were Mallards, their prop toe would be clipped and probably would also have a hole punched it's webbing on it's foot, plus, not likely to fine Mallards at a feed store! :D
I know one thing, these guys grow fast. They have quadrupled their size in the past 19 days we've had them. :D

Back
Top Bottom