new chicken hatcher:)

burchettfrmgrl

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
Oklahoma
Hi I just bought a flock of 14 consists of a big red rooster and a small rooster 2 small hens I believe they are the star hybrid or something then we have a very fluffy bluish grey we call big momma that lays really good and a medium hen that is black w white top not and everyone loves her!!! We have had these guys for about a month and have since added to it w red star and white Leghorn hens and 2 ducklings. I want to learn more about their breeds but also I have been collecting eggs all week to incubate.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you decided to join our community! This is the place for all the learning. You can do a search at the top here for each breed. Lots of threads on every breed here.

If you need any incubation tips, stop by our learning center. Here is a great article on hatching that might help should you run into any issues....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-incubate-hatch-eggs-just-21-days-from-egg-to-chicken

Good luck with your hatching! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you got a really interesting flock! If you want to try and figure out some of the breeds, you could post pictures of them in the What Breed Or Gender Is This forum for help https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this Good luck with the incubation, TwoCrows gave you a nice link to some of the hatching articles in the Learning Center.
You might also like ot check out the Oklahoma state thread for your chicken keeping neighbors www.backyardchickens.com/t/501128/okies-in-the-byc-iii

Ok thx solo much!! I plan on getting pics of them soon. Can't wait to see what kinda crosses these babies will be. Already made sure Mr Hugh Hefner is doing his job 3/3 eggs I checked were fertile. :)

I have a small rooster dunni breeds yet but we call him mini me. He may have assisted old Hugh a little. I've caught him on a couple of the red hens.

Back
Top Bottom