New Chicken Mamma

HI,
New chicken mamma here. We have 11 chicks. Ours are 4 and 5 weeks. Our 5 week olds consist of 1 buff silky and 2 buff orphingtons. Our 4 week olds are 3 buff orphingtons, 3 light brahmas, 2 white silkies and 1 blue silkie. We had a black silkie and another blue but they did not make it.

I have wanted to raise chickens for a while. My parents have raised chickens and tell us about their adventures so I finally just ordered some and one thing leads to another we have chickens. They are cute and silly and fun to watch.

This site has helped answer so many questions. There are a lot of different ways to raise chickens so its fun to read through all the different methods people have and pick the one that will work for you. I do find myself reading through this site on a nightly basis #1 trying to make sure I'm doing it right and #2 to get other ideas. There are SOOOO many ideas its great!

So thank you for being here!

:frowHi and welcome to BYC!
Sounds like you’re off to a great start.
This a great place to learn about chickens and lots of other things too.
And it’s full of nice people, happy to share their opinions, suggestions, and experiences.

Before someone beats me to it, I’ll ask you to go on your profile and enter your approximate geographic location (at least state)

Weather and seasons vary and really do have a bearing on how we give advice. there are members here from all over the world!
If you have an emergency and have questions, and need help, seeing your location on your profile will help us help you faster!

Back
Top Bottom