"New" chicken mom here...in a long time!

icprnss78

Hatching
Mar 23, 2015
South Carolina
My name is Michelle. I was raised on a farm but have not had chickens since I was 13. I am 36 and just started my own flock about 3 months ago, starting with a Rhode Island Red and an Araucana, currently laying. My husband and I purchased 6 chicks six weeks ago. 1 New Hampshire Red, 2 white ones and unsure of their breed and 3 Cuckoo Maran. I found this site while trying to make sure we were doing everything right and it has been super helpful so I thought I’d join since I am still re-learning and still have a lot of questions. I am currently a full time Paramedic of 16 years and I work 24 hours on and 48 hours off, leaving my husband looking after them while I'm on duty...not his favorite part. Lol

Welcome to BYC, Michelle. Glad you decided join to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi :welcome Michelle

Glad you could join the flock! How nice that you have been able to start your own flock. Lovely to hear BYC has been so helpful for you. Wishing you the very best of luck with your expanding flock.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat, everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Back
Top Bottom