New Chicken Mom!!!

SharCarm

Hatching
Jun 7, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm Sharon and I'm rapidly becoming a chicken addict thanks to my neighbor, lol!!

I've read several articles from this site over the last few days, but just officially registered today!

I'm looking forward to all there is to learn about chickens. Mine are meant to be both eggers and pets, so I'm working on getting them used to me. I sit with them for 15-20 minutes every weekday morning before I go to work and an hour or two at night, plus several hours on the weekends!

I currently have three seven-ish week old bantams and two four week old Black Australorps.

Sharon

Hi there! I'm a new chicken mom too! I also have ducklings and have been raising them together and they seem to be happy together! Anyone else have ducks and chickens living together and what is the best food and water setups so the ducks don't make such a mess?! Thanks!

I have lots to learn!!! I'm just so excited! I never dreamed that I would ever own chickens!

Right now, my biggest question concerns my Black Australorps - they are the same age, yet one is at least 50% bigger than the other! Not sure if one is just naturally developing faster, or if there is something wrong with the other. Or, if one is a Roo vs the Hen it was supposed to be!
1f633.png

You can post photos of any of your chicks (please list age in photos) at "what breed or gender is this." They are very good at what the do.

Back
Top Bottom