New chickens

Charliemai

Hatching
May 27, 2023
I have had 2 chickens for a year now and they have become very tame and even scare my dog ,I've just baught 3 new chickens and thrown them in with the other 2 ..omg the crowing from the older 2 went on for 3 hours till 10.30pm ... I don't think they are happy ...please tell me they will continue to lay ??

I'm sure that they will still lay.
You might need to get a rooster because if your hens are crowing, that probably means that they are sorting dominance between the other new ones. I'm pretty sure. @rural mouse, could you confirm???
I have had 2 chickens for a year now and they have become very tame and even scare my dog ,I've just baught 3 new chickens and thrown them in with the other 2 ..omg the crowing from the older 2 went on for 3 hours till 10.30pm ... I don't think they are happy ...please tell me they will continue to lay ??

I'm sure that they will still lay.
You might need to get a rooster because if your hens are crowing, that probably means that they are sorting dominance between the other new ones. I'm pretty sure. @rural mouse, could you confirm???
Depends upon the age of the birds and their personalities. How much space do they have? How old are they? Did they get quarantined before going together to prevent diseases from getting transmitted? Chickens don't like change, so could be protesting that.

Back
Top Bottom