New chicks in South Mississippi!

Awww!  Congrats on the hatchlings!  They look so healthy and so cute!  I would actually love to have quail.  I don't even know why!  LOL  I think for just eggs.  Pickled quail eggs... yummmmm!  I cannot even imagine turkeys!  He'd fall over!

Thanks. I have never had pickled quail eggs. Something I will have to try one of these days. I am still searching for some turkey eggs locally. I have seen some in lucedale. But that is 160 mile round trip. I would rather not have them shipped especially as it is heating up now. I have joined the Facebook page backyard chickens in Mississippi. Maybe I will get lucky. I just posted a request. Fingers crossed.

I understand about husbands. Mine does most of the building with some assistance from me. I told him I was going to build a Silkie pen and he said he would cut the wood for me, but I would have to do everything else: the measuring, hammering, etc. He ended up having to help me do some of the hammering and lifting as I am really not that strong. Once done he has told me that he is not building anything else for a year . Here it is.

That's so great that he helped you though! Mine would do it too, griping the whole way! LoL But he'd do it if it's within reason and makes me happy. Congrats on the pen. Looks great. I so need extra space. Separate pens that is. The one has lots of room. But, need to have different areas for different ages and breeds. It'll come with time. That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

Thanks. I have never had pickled quail eggs. Something I will have to try one of these days. I am still searching for some turkey eggs locally. I have seen some in lucedale. But that is 160 mile round trip. I would rather not have them shipped especially as it is heating up now. I have joined the Facebook page backyard chickens in Mississippi. Maybe I will get lucky. I just posted a request. Fingers crossed.

I'm on that facebook page too. And lots of others now! It's almost as addictive as chickens!

I understand about husbands. Mine does most of the building with some assistance from me. I told him I was going to build a Silkie pen and he said he would cut the wood for me, but I would have to do everything else: the measuring, hammering, etc. He ended up having to help me do some of the hammering and lifting as I am really not that strong. Once done he has told me that he is not building anything else for a year . Here it is.
I like that. Well done. I am making an incubator out of a cooler at the moment. I decided to get some turkey eggs off ebay And she is sending some black copper Maran eggs too. Trouble is they incubate at different rates. So at day 18 I am planning on using the coolerbator as a hatcher and leave the turkeys in the brinsea.

it really is addictive. There seem to be some nice people on there.

Chicapee and monkat, what are y'alls FB monikers? I'll keep an eye out for you in the group. Mine is Doris Ledet.
yippiechickie.gif

I still have to put some finishing touches on it. He had already built 4 coops and one 24x16 combined breeding/grow out pens. so, I'm not going to ask him to build anything anytime soon. I will make due with what we have.

Back
Top Bottom