New chicks...what are they?!

Craftymama

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
Arvada, Colorado
I got new chicks.... I was supposed to get an araucana, barred Plymouth Rock, gold laced Wyandotte, speckled Sussex, cucko Maran, black sex link and a partridge rock. I have no idea who is who?

They are supposed to be 1 week old.

Last edited:
I got new chicks.... I was supposed to get an araucana, barred Plymouth Rock, gold laced Wyandotte, speckled Sussex, cucko Maran, black sex link and a partridge rock. I have no idea who is who?
Speckled Sussex
Golden laced Wyandotte
cuckoo Maran
Black Sex Link
Partridge Rock
Easter Eggger, not Araucana. Most hatcheries or feed stores advertise them as Ameraucanas, Americanas, or Araucanas, they are most likely Easter Eggers. EEs are crosses that contain the blue egg gene, they can lay anywhere from white, brown, blue, and olive eggs depending on the cross and how diluted it's gene is.
Black sex link- pullet.

#1 Speckled Sussex
#2 Gold Laced Wyandotte ( rose comb)
#3 Cuckoo Marans
#4 this looks like a Barred Rock...might be another Cuckoo Marans
#5 Partridge Rock
#6 Probably your Easter Egger/Araucana...wrong leg color...should be slate or green, but looks to have pea comb
#6 Black Sex Link

Lady of McCamley

Last edited:
I was thinking that I had an Easter egger. Her legs are yellow on the back but sorta grayish, greenish black on the front. She is super fuzzy and very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom