New chicky momma

cindyklr

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 13, 2014
Hi! We are buying an acreage, and I will be inheriting 12 laying hens from the former owner. I'm so excited! The former owner told me the flock is made up of Brahmas, Easter Eggers, and she couldn't remember the third breed, but I believe they are Buff Orpingtons. I am learning as much as I can about caring for chickens, and am so glad to find this site. I look forward to sharing and learning from other chicken lovers.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on your soon to be new flock! Chickens are so much fun to keep. Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping your new birds...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Enjoy this new adventure and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You are inheriting some very good and docile breeds (technically EEs are not a breed, but hybrids). Brahmas were the first breed I ever had (about 50 years ago), and they were gentle giants. My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar), made lap pets out of our Buff Orpingtons. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorites though. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your flock! It sounds like you'll be getting a lovely variety of hens.

Back
Top Bottom