New Color Varieties of Ameraucana......pictures from breeding projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cuckoo birds have a good barred pattern but they can't get the leg coloring right. The legs are supposed to be blue/slate in color and the cuckoo aren't quite there with the leg color pattern yet.

Last edited:
Did they cross with barred rocks to get it? It might have to be the thing like they did with the cuckoo polish, where they put the current leg color in the standard but make a note type thing that says to keep breeding for slate legs. Could they cross to a cuckoo maran? It seems that it is easyer to get slate legs from white than it is to get slate legs from yellow. We are working on a phoenix project and the first cross was to an OEGB with white legs. We are in the 2ng generation and have green legs that are showing a slight slate tint to them. Its just a thought though.

Hey! That's my little Lavender boy!
big_smile.png

Wow! Beautiful! I like the black-gold, but I LOVE the salmon.

And, Sooner, what is that gorgeous bird in your avatar??!!

Nancy

Greentree, he is half White Ameraucana and half Wheaten Ameraucana......has the red pyle ameraucana look. I am in the middle of a breeding project attempting to create red pyle ameraucana. Have had a few promissing birds so far but it is a slow go.
smile.png

WOW! thats really cool! i wish i had some like that lol
big_smile.png
keep up the good work
wink.png

We have a red pyle looking EE from McMurray, she has the slate blue legs, a nice beard, and the proper color for red pyle, she lays a normal blue egg, very pretty. If we dont sell her we will cross her with the silvers we are getting to see if she has dominant white or whatever it is to make more pyle birds.

A few fellow Ameraucana Club members adviced me to cross my red pyle rooster onto Silver Ameraucana hens for best results of producing more Red Pyle. If you breed this hen to Silver Ameraucana, I would be most interested in the colors of offspring produced. Please keep in touch or PM me. Thank you.
smile.png

P.S.
frow.gif
Would you please post a picture of your ameraucana hen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom