New Crazy Chicken mom

Scchickenmom

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
South Carolina
Hi all,

We have just ventured into the world of chickens. I had bantams growing up and have always told my husband I would like more but we were never in a position to do so. A couple of years ago we obtained our dream property and built our dream house and now are finishing up what will hopefully be our chickens dream coop, LOL. We have 11 chicks, 3 were oops ones from Tractor Supply, 2 Golden Comets and a Cinnamon Queen. Someone returned them as ‘almost dead’… they weren’t, they were just cold and after a day of being warm, we were there shopping for our soon to be flock when the “sucker” sign on my forehead appeared and they came home with me. A week later we got the ones we intended to get, 4 polish and 4 barred rock. And in a few weeks we should be getting 4 easter egger pulleys from a friend. We also have 2 golden retrievers, the younger one thinks the chicks are his babies, so cute, and 3 cats, they are fascinated but I keep them away! We’re also diving into beekeeping this year and expanding our garden. Did I mention we both work full time and have 2 grown boys. Life is full and we love it! Hoping to find a great community here to help with our chicken needs. I stumbled on this forum just by searching the internet and liking the post and information that I saw being shared. Can’t wait to learn more :)

Hi all,

We have just ventured into the world of chickens. I had bantams growing up and have always told my husband I would like more but we were never in a position to do so. A couple of years ago we obtained our dream property and built our dream house and now are finishing up what will hopefully be our chickens dream coop, LOL. We have 11 chicks, 3 were oops ones from Tractor Supply, 2 Golden Comets and a Cinnamon Queen. Someone returned them as ‘almost dead’… they weren’t, they were just cold and after a day of being warm, we were there shopping for our soon to be flock when the “sucker” sign on my forehead appeared and they came home with me. A week later we got the ones we intended to get, 4 polish and 4 barred rock. And in a few weeks we should be getting 4 easter egger pulleys from a friend. We also have 2 golden retrievers, the younger one thinks the chicks are his babies, so cute, and 3 cats, they are fascinated but I keep them away! We’re also diving into beekeeping this year and expanding our garden. Did I mention we both work full time and have 2 grown boys. Life is full and we love it! Hoping to find a great community here to help with our chicken needs. I stumbled on this forum just by searching the internet and liking the post and information that I saw being shared. Can’t wait to learn more :)
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom