New Ducklings vs. 3 week old Ducklings (Aggression)

Whistling means drake? My female runners are almost three weeks old now and they chirp and whistle. I swear they sound almost just like crickets! I hope you only have one drake too. I’m still a nervous mess on the gender on mine!
I have never had a female yet that could whistle. I wish someone on here would say they did but so far I have not seen a post that said they did. Mine whistled at 2 weeks. I am not sure if it was one or both. Hopefully it is only one and I have at least one Hen. Good luck with yours. I hope you have Hens also and not a bunch of drakes.

I am pretty sure by the way mine are growing that I have a boy and a girl. I just got them Saturday and already the one is growing way faster than the other and in the last three sets of two ducklings I bought I ended up with a boy and girl and the same thing happened. I hope you don't have drakes. That is the only bad thing about getting them unsexed. It is so cold here right now I could not even begin to think of letting mine outside for anything. Where are you located? Florida? I am in Ohio and our May is more like March right now.
My two Runner ducklings that I thought were male and female turned out to be both females! One had even whistled so I was wrong about the fact that only males whistle. I had never had a female do that before but I have now.

Back
Top Bottom