New electric fence. Can you spell that sound?

Indiana hens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Pendleton, Indiana
Seems all animals have the same weird sound when touching an electric fence. I can't seem to put the sound to words. It is somewhere between a scream, grunt, howl. I need help!

A snort
big_smile.png

when my bottle baby calves discover the fence, the make a "MEH!!" sound (as opposed to a moo sound
lau.gif
)

they sound quite surprized that licking the funny silver wire produces such a nasty effect.

Some of them don't believe it was the wire that did it, and will try again right after the first jolt - have not had one go for three in a row, yet, however.

meri

Last edited:
My horses blow when they run into it.

I remember a couple years ago I was mad at my DH outside and he was yapping something at me as I was walking off, in the direction of my horse field, and I just grabbed the wire while standing in a mud puddle like I was pulling it up so I could scrunch through the wires into the field and I then let out a noise that I have never been able to mimick since LOL It ate me alive! My dh laughed so hard and told me that is what I get for being so mean....

Quote:
I had a similar experience. My fence quit working, so I kneeling in the wet grass at the charger unhooking the wires. Can't for the life of me figure out why I thought this was a good idea without TURNING IT OFF!! The second the lead wire was disconnected from the apprently shorted fence wire, that thing let loose with all its pent-up fury. That thing lit me up, let me tell you! I let out a pretty good yowl and somewhere between the ringing in my ears I could hear my step-dad and grandpa laughing so hard they could hardly breathe. Thanks guys.

My horses would also grunt and blow when they touched the fence. The dogs scream. The cats would let out a choked off MEA! Like they couldn't quite finish the meow.

Last edited:
Mojo Chick'n :

when my bottle baby calves discover the fence, the make a "MEH!!" sound (as opposed to a moo sound
lau.gif
)

they sound quite surprized that licking the funny silver wire produces such a nasty effect.

Some of them don't believe it was the wire that did it, and will try again right after the first jolt - have not had one go for three in a row, yet, however.

meri

hey mojo, my bottle calves always get a great big drink of water, then they get curious with the fence, and you can always see the big blue arc jump out and kiss there little noses​

Back
Top Bottom